Running out of content

I’ve been tagging things and watching my plans, but I think I’m running out of things to do.

I could start to grind for vanity items, the zubmarine or the luxury ship.

I’ve started to grind for my goat, but that takes time, so I’m not even going to think of it as something I’m doing.

I could change jobs, that’s harder now because you only get ONE TRY each time the letter comes, but I want to wait for the next job tier…

So, it feels like I’m down to only the grind… though I know this to not be true.

I’ve not yet put to zea, so there’s the content there, iron republic, polythame, port carnarilian and a dozen little plots on each island of the arcapeligo… though I hesitate because I just know if I put out to zea I’ll fail my notability and it was painful to get to 10 (so much that my fall to 9 is not likely to recover to 10 any time soon).

It feels like I’m trying to do the last few ergs of content on the mainland.

There’s something with the maps?

There’s cat and mouse?

Small investigations like this stolen glim case?

How much is left?

Suggestion: make sure you have enough MW to survive Time the Healer before you put to zee, and come back while there’s still time to get MW back up to 10 before TtH comes again. While it’s more action efficient, there’s no actual need to put to zee for weeks on end; you can get wherever you’re going in the Southern Archipelago in 20 actions, often fewer depending how you play your cards, and coming back to London costs you one extra such trip.

Or build up MW to 20 first for an extra week at zee; you can probably do that in half a week, spend two weeks and a couple days at zee, and have plenty of time to get back from 5 to 10.

[Edit: broken markup]
edited by marcmagus on 9/5/2015

As long as your MW is higher than your Notability you won’t lose it. As you are likely to want to collect your profession payment weekly you probably won’t spend more than a week at Zea and you can spend time in London until your Notability is protected again.

As for other content in London itself I would say just poke about and see if you can find something you haven’t done.

Not entirely sure what you mean about the maps but you will need to track down two halves of the screaming map if you want to go to the Sea of Voices.

The stolen glim case will eventually lead you to a new fate-locked area.

Oh, two HALVES, not two maps.

It looks like the cat and mouse investigations are the only thing I’ve not done, and there was a trick for that, wasn’t there? Go insane in a specific way, get progress from the insane place faster then in the real world, restore sanity, take large win on case to get biggest reward possible? Something like that?

Are there other cases then the stolen glim, or is it the only “case around london” that actually exists?

I might just be down to “grind x while waiting to flip card y” …

There are a few cases but most of them are early content. Look in Ladybones Road and check the Honey-addled Detective to see if you have missed any. There is also the Missing Heiress started through Life on Ladybones Road.

I’ve never done it, but I think Ben’s talking about the case of the deranged medium on the Implacable Detective’s card. I seem to recall hearing that there was some benefit to starting it, going insane to the Mirror Marches and getting the cat and mouse there?

Sounds like a good way to tank your dream qualities, and I suspect that you can’t take on one case while investigating another these days…

I’ve done the Deranged Medium. It’s alright but since the Parabolan base camp became an impossible option I stopped doing it as I don’t want to lose any “Someone is Coming”. And yes you can only do one case at a time so if you are getting the Screaming Map you can’t start any of the other Cat and Mouse options.

Looking back at the OP - you do need to get an Iron Republic Safe Conduct to visit; for that you need to get Marks of Credit. Also to visit the Carnelian Coast you need to have finished with the Court.

Do not fear the zee. The captain who outraces mountains and faces the Drowny song always returns more notable than before. (This is a lie.)

Your vacation in screaming Polythreme or impossible Iron Republic will be a relaxing sauna for the mens and corpus. (This is a lie.)

No one with dry feet will ever breed the fiercest beasts, win acclaim among diplomats, or NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH NORTH. (Poor grammar obfuscates the alethiometer.)
edited by TheThirdPolice on 9/6/2015

I’ve got the safe conduct, I’ve finished with court and gotten my papers for the governership.

Any general advice for the cat and mouse missions?

For the cat and mouse missions, the cost of material-boosted progress goes up dramatically. As it’s really really annoying to have to do the missions more than once, I’d recommend paying material for progress for the first two tiers. Expensive, but I really hate those missions. The first tier at least are probably worth paying for, just to make the odds slightly better.

That said, you’re much father along than I was when getting the map pieces, so maybe you’ll be fine with trying your luck a few times.

[quote=Ben ]I’ve been tagging things and watching my plans, but I think I’m running out of things to do.

I could start to grind for vanity items, the zubmarine or the luxury ship.

I’ve started to grind for my goat, but that takes time, so I’m not even going to think of it as something I’m doing.

I could change jobs, that’s harder now because you only get ONE TRY each time the letter comes, but I want to wait for the next job tier…

So, it feels like I’m down to only the grind… though I know this to not be true.

I’ve not yet put to zea, so there’s the content there, iron republic, polythame, port carnarilian and a dozen little plots on each island of the arcapeligo… though I hesitate because I just know if I put out to zea I’ll fail my notability and it was painful to get to 10 (so much that my fall to 9 is not likely to recover to 10 any time soon).

It feels like I’m trying to do the last few ergs of content on the mainland.

There’s something with the maps?

There’s cat and mouse?

Small investigations like this stolen glim case?

How much is left?[/quote]
There’s the knife and candle, if that holds any appeal to you, but it’s just one more thing binding you to the land.

I’m in knife and candle.
Moon Leauge.

When I attack, I lose, everybody in my list has learned the lesson to not take the agressive. So there’s no fights to be had.

If you’ve never been to zee, there is a ton of content you haven’t done yet.
Just off the top of my head there is breeding the hound of heaven (and the bifurcated owl!), stopping jack of smiles, and your Ambition. Not to mention all the places that are worth exploring for their own sake.

[li]I’m at about the same place and I chose to get a zubmarine and go to zee. Zubmarine gives you bizarre and there’s cool stuff at zee.

I highly recommend the Zubmarine. Admittedly I’ve not tried the more flashy means of Zee conveyance, but I find it invaluable (if a touch cramped) in getting from one locale to another with a minimum of unpleasant issues.

Okay, out to polythreme I’ve gone.

This is harder then I thought it would be from what I’ve read about it.

Only so many places I can go with the tramp steamer, but I’m going to do them first.