Romance and Disaster

[color=#0066ff]A new content patch has just gone live which we’d love to have your thoughts on.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]“I always liked you, you know,” she says. &quotBack when we was still on the roof-tops.”[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Romance options are now available for the Longshanks Gunner and the Sly Navigator. (More options will arrive later.)[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Romancing an Officer may sometimes cause embarrassment, if you already have a Sweetheart.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Also:
[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– The Scholar will now supply Dread Surmises, though as yet there’s no use for them.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Admiralty’s Favour can now get you cheap fuel, and the Admiralty will offer a small fuel payment for Port Reports.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– The Blind Bruiser is now a little more generous with provisions.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Supplies, on the other hand, are now more expensive.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Each of the starting officers now has a small subquest.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Shore leave is available at the Chelonate.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– Scions are now persistent between characters, but can be affected by Salt’s Curse.[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– The Republic of Murinia will now repair ships; the Cavy Kingdom will now offer you feasts.[/color]

Oh nooooooooo I saw the new thing at Khan’s Shadow and didn’t think to check the Officers tab and she’s gone foreverrrrrrrr :( I’m going to have to play another ex-Urchin captain again next time.

Glad to see Pigmote Isle is no longer contentless after the initial thing though!

Are the supply costs increased in London only or everywhere? That’s ouch.

Nice! I knew there was a reason I was holding off starting my Urchin Scion. And the upgraded Rat Republic sounds awesome now! Always liked them more than the Cavies anyways.

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/12/2015

Hold up, Pigmote Isle is still blank for me. What’s with that? Is it also only for the first time you land there?

edit: and what’s Beginner’s Luck?
edited by Fretling on 1/12/2015

Well, I’m rather excited to see the new quests, since I was wondering about that just yesterday. Question, though, what would happen if I were to, say, bring the Longshanks Gunner to a Veteran playthrough with a Legacy?

Same thing, all the quests are reset. Even if you bring over an upgraded officer you would still have to do their quest. You can bring over a dead one too if you like, although you would of course encounter them in due time regardless.

edited by Owen Wulf on 1/12/2015

No, but like, if you’re not an ex-urchin, it doesn’t make any sense for the Longshanks Gunner to be going on about how she was in love with you during your time together in the urchin-gangs, see?

Just because another career had a greater effect on your character doesn’t mean you couldn’t have been in an urchin-gang at some point!

Also, thinking about scions and passing on crewmembers, it suddenly feels like it would be really cool to have officers (and potentially even locations and stuff) age - to have older versions of them who become available on subsequent playthroughs, and reflect whether or not you did their quests and stuff.

Which I guess is pretty ambitious and necessarily takes a backseat to more accessible content, but &quotSunless Sea: The Next Generation&quot feels like a really awesome idea for an expansion pack. Since it came up.

I suppose… but the Natural Philosopher background has you as hailing from the Surface and only coming down for your studies, no? Then again, that doesn’t make sense with Scion or with the Shipmate legacy either, so heh, I guess it’s not like we can’t bend logic when we want.

Seeing how Maybe’s Rival turns out would be pretty intriguing, I have to admit.
edited by Fretling on 1/12/2015

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]…[/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]– The Republic of Murinia will now repair ships; the Cavy Kingdom will now offer you feasts.[/color][/quote]
Am i missing something? Where/what is the republic of Murinia?

Pigmote Isle, if the rats won.

[quote=Fretling]Pigmote Isle, if the rats won.[/quote] Which I just recently ran into. Thanks for the help!

Same for me. I landed there hoping for a feast from the Cavies but nothing.

[quote=Fretling]Hold up, Pigmote Isle is still blank for me. What’s with that? Is it also only for the first time you land there?

edited by Fretling on 1/12/2015[/quote]

I REALLY think the supply price should be reverted back, or down to like 12-15…double the price seems…absolutely insane, especially if you just start out.

It’s technically not double the price so much as it’s an extra ~10 echoes added to every store’s supply price, from what I’ve seen in tonight’s travels. But of course, for a newbie, that distinction is a little more academic.

[quote=Fretling]Hold up, Pigmote Isle is still blank for me. What’s with that? Is it also only for the first time you land there?

edited by Fretling on 1/12/2015[/quote]

Did you head over there with SAY? It worked for me fine: I repaired 20 points of hull for SAY.

Yes, I had SAY. Perhaps I should submit a bug report.
edited by Fretling on 1/13/2015

Is this in a game where you’ve already landed, helped one side, and then stolen the Blue Scintillack, by any chance?

I’ve already landed and helped one side, but I haven’t stolen the scintillack.