Roleplay Anyone?

“Crows. Crows everywhere”
When Alexx realized, minutes had passed. The door still echoed a slight vision of pipers and captains bursting the windows and ravaging hell, but it was tender now. Sort of sweet even. There was nothing to fear, surely.
He saw the hand of the Princess waving to him, and saw an empty chair. He was frustrated as it was, but now they wished him to join them. A necessary arrangement of course - maybe she could even be useful to arrange for him…
-Do excuse my behaviour back there milady, I was merely admiring the brilliant architecture of this room. Perhaps Mr.Zeel could tell me who the author is? I very much would like something similar for a little enterprise I’m setting. I did overhear you live in the embassy? How marvelous! I can sustain it would be a delight to visit such premises.
>>To answer you my dear Princess, I can’t say time has been rough on me. You surely remember I was working on the breaking of that autokey for the…well, it doesn’t matter, I tried a blunt force attack and that gathered enough to sustain me for a while. And they told me never to deal with the Ruskies, am I right Mr.Zeel? - Alexx’s smile was met with a grin both knowing and sarcastic, but he shrugged and continued - Since then I’ve taken the Applied Autoclavicifrism cathedra, and they’re kind to those they like. Much like our delightful hosts. What about you my dear? Indeed it was a bitter parting, such a shame…let us not talk about it, few are the occasions in which magnificient people like ourselves meet, is it…
He interrupted the sentence hearing a crash. The party seemed to halt for a single beat, as the voice of low-life echoed the high ceilings of the pavillion. He hadn’t been mistaken, they really were here. “Git yer bloody kn’cker 'ff mi, ya bist”. Dreadful people these ones, “N’ ya can tell 'em Cap’n Ritzer’ll h’ve ther guts fra garters!”. Oh dear. It would seem little Neziah has been spreading her minions about. Alexx smiled, hoping none of the presents knew what the ‘R’ in his middle name stood for.

Zeel saw the discomfort echoing across Alexx. He couldn’t tell why, he was no Madame Shoshana after all, merely an individual who had studied many disciplines, including body language. &quotI’d ask them to leave quietly as a personal favour but I’m afraid I’ve used up most of my sway on their type using them on my expeditions. It seems Infernal security already has a hold of them but, as a token of goodwill, I shall deal with them personally&quot. Zeel stood, the party still subdued from the interruption by these men. His face was a mask, revealing nothing. Zeel went for one of them yet to be grabbed, or even properly noticed. The man turned to face Zeel, but before he could speak Zeel asked &quotWell then, I see you people have decided to enter my home, disturbing those who came here for no reason than to celebrate a Deviless. My Deviless. So I am going to ask you only once what exactly you are doing here and if your answer so much as murmurs of mistruth, what I’ll do to you will make dreams of being hunted by my kin in the Forgotten Quarter seem like a luxury holiday&quot
[li]

(Hey, you two both still in? Also, sorry if my character seems OP, I’m going for a Broken Ace type personality)

(I was waiting for Zephyr, not sure if he is still up for it. Don’t worry about your character, it gives much more dynamic to the narratives if there is at least one like that!)

(Sorry, I wasn’t entirely sure what had just happened so I was sort of waiting for it to continue, didn’t want to misinterpret an Alexx’s ideas.)

(All goods. I’ll allow either of you to continue. Last piece of story was mine, don’t want to hog it).[li]

EDIT: (Also, I reckon I should just say, if anyone’s unsure of what’s going on, feel free to PM someone else)
edited by Zeek on 1/21/2014

Alexx stood still, looking at the pale muscular man making threats to those little zailors. Little…heh, yes, I think one consider them little when compared to both the threatening devils and the hellbent Mr.Zeel. He saw as he made brutal threats he could only vaguely listen to - how could he have known? How could he ever know? Yes, they were indeed the lackeys of his mad sister. Yes, as siblings they had the same objective - but why should she be so unpleasant, always? A fine woman as herself…alas, life was as it were.
Alexx turned to the Princess to find her staring cunningly at Mr.Zeel. Something in him squirmed, looking at the impeccably impenetrable face of the still young master robber. Not something that human as well. He tried to ignore the commotion up on the lobby and sprung forth to utter something into her ear. Then words grew silent. He thought of speech but the words he wanted to utter were of no language understandable, and some repugnant squeeks came out as Alexx covered his mouth. He hastily apologized and tried to rephrase it “Why, such a sad last encounter indeed. Wouldn’t want to leave things in such terms with you…after all, we did have some good times together. We shouldn’t be seen in public much more, I reckon, but I have a business proposal for you. Something that can end up in mutual benefit. We can talk later, after the tour to that half-devil’s chambers. Or rather talk with him aswell. I think he’d be interested.”
The sound had ceased to come from the entrance. The zailors had gone, and the party had resumed, with the devils looking deviously amused again. Zeel came back to the table, his face stern and undisturbed - and in his hands an unadressed letter.

(Sorry for the late response. Sometimes life catches up with me. :) )[li]

Zeel sat at the table calmly, emitting none of his previous menace. He gave the slightest of smiles and said &quotPersonal business&quot, tucking the letter away. Of course, that was a lie, the letter wasn’t even for him, but the others didn’t need to know that yet. Besides, if all went as planed, he could…entertain them both tonight and then apologize sincerely for his most foolish of mistakes.
&quotWell, with that nonsense out of the way, would you both allow me the pleasure of giving you a tour of the Embassy? I assure you, what I offer may just alter your perspective on life forever including…&quot he looked around, then said in a voice barely more than a whisper &quotRed Honey&quot

(Sorry about not being on in a couple days as well, looks like life caught up with me too and I’ve been sick since Thursday)

&quotOh, why I’d love that! And I am quite glad to see you have refined taste, as seems befitting of a gentleman like you. Yes, if you would spare me a couple drops of that delightful substance, I suppose I’d be very grateful&quot She said with a wink. &quotI suppose I might even owe you a rather large favour, should you ever need my help sometime in the future. Not that someone like you would have to rely on someone other than yourself, that is.&quot She finished, reclining into her chair. Not the most comfortable of chairs, but pleasantly warm. And now she had to figure out what Alexx was muttering about. Some sort of business proposal, which sounded interesting enough, but she couldn’t seem to figure out what he had said before that, although it sounded oddly familiar. &quotAlexx dear, I can be seen wherever I want, with whomever I want. Damn the consequences.&quot She smiled. &quotOn second thought, it’s the consequences that make it so much fun, don’t you think? Now, I crashed this dance over an hour ago, and I still haven’t had a chance to, you know, dance, and it sounds like there is a new song just starting, so why don’t you take me for a waltz on the dance floor, and maybe we can multitask and have a little chat too?&quot She said, hoping to find out what he had said earlier.[li]
edited by Zephyr15 on 1/27/2014

Zeel’s lips twitched slightly to reveal a smile that did not reach his eyes. &quotFor you, my dear, anything at all&quot he said purringly, taking her hand and leading her onto the dance floor. This time he avoided his showy, over the top style, he had nothing to prove after all and that would merely spoil the waltz. Once on the dance floor, his voice changed persona again.[li]
&quotI interest you, I presume&quot he said, matter of factly. &quotNothing to be ashamed of, I interest a fair few people. Some seek my knowledge, others my death, others yet material goods&quot. Zeel chuckled to himself as he said the next part. &quotThe joke of those who wish me dead is that the individual who has killed me most would be myself. Still got the scars&quot. The next part was said with a touch of sorrow &quotBut true death does not always mean your heart stops beating&quot

(Sorry for intruding on this interesting story, but do you possibly have room for another player? I could take up Captain Ritzell or the deviless (with your input on the role, of course). Or perhaps my own character. Whatever works for you guys and the story.)

(Feel free to join. You’re welcome to be whoever you want. If you’d prefer your character, it’s really as simple as them having been on the sidelines so far).

(Thank you!

If I’m going to play my character, I should probably do backstory.)

Teresa sat at the most secluded table in the room–quite an accomplishment, considering how crowded these parties could get. It was really overwhelming, in fact, all the noise and chatter. Much worse than the parties in Veilgarden. There, at least, the artists took pity on her, and used her as an occasional model or messenger as opposed to a mark in some hellish scheme. Here, there was no guarantee of safety. She wasn’t cut out for this, not at all. She was surprised that she managed to talk her way in. Either she looked older than most adolescents, or the devils had no qualms about letting young people in to their carousels.

Probably the latter, if she wanted to believe what her pastor said. Then again, he’d stopped being her pastor ever since she’d been caught with her hand in the donations bowl. Maybe it was wrong, but once an urchin, always an urchin. Albeit a particularly bad one. She was much better at just staying in the corner and watching. Besides, if her name went back into the rumour mill, she’d have no real way to quell the gossip.

As she gazed at all the party goers, a dapper devil with a suspicious glint in his eye noticed her. He started approaching her lonely table. She’d come to the parties for the food, not the &quotcompany&quot. In a panic, she stood up, abandoned her plate, and rushed into the dance floor. Perhaps if she could escape to the roof or something, she could find an old friend and make a quick getaway. And maybe, if she felt particularly lucky, stop by the rooms and help herself to some party favors.

(Maybe even honey)
(To summarize: grew up among the Urchins, now resides in Veilgarden, often gets into trouble due to mediocre thievery or attempts at socializing, and usually tries solving problems by getting the hell out of Dodge. Hopefully that’s enough. I haven’t used this character for long.)
edited by dismallyOriented on 2/1/2014

(Is anyone still interested? If I’ve accidentally killed off play with a major RP mistake or anything, you can just tell me. I’m rather new to this, so I don’t know how much the backstory to plot ratio should be in any given post.)

(You haven’t, don’t worry. I think this is the time of year when everyone’s busy is all. I liked your writing if it helps. :) )

She had meant the invitation to Alexx, and Zeel’s intrusion did anger her, but she hoped that she had managed to stay in character. &quotWell of course you interest me,&quot she replied. And then, with a mischievous grin, she added, &quotAnd I’m sure I interest you as well. Do you have any idea what I want from you? Or perhaps with you? Do you want to know why I approached you, why I came here in the first place? Since you’re putting up with me, you must want something, everybody does. Is it my past that you want to know about, or my plans? Have you been trying to read my body language, or maybe even my mind, to find out more about me? I’ve heard there are men on the Elder Continent who can do that, and down here in the Neath, well I’m sure-&quot She was interrupted when someone ran by her. A girl. She didn’t get a good look, but the girl did seem a bit familiar, and if she was right, the girl was one of the reasons she had come to the party. &quotI’m sorry,&quot she said, realizing she had gotten distracted, &quotI was rambling, wasn’t I? So you mentioned having a habit for getting yourself killed? You don’t strike me as the reckless type. Anyways, what’s it like? I’ve been lucky enough to never die…&quot As she got back into her barrage of questions, she steered them closer to the entrance. She had to be ready, as everything was about to happen very quickly. And if she was lucky, Zeel wouldn’t get in the way, wild factor though he was.[li]
edited by Zephyr15 on 2/6/2014

&quotDeath is…&quot Zeel paused, searching for the words. &quotDull. The most entertaining thing about it is playing chess with the boatman, and even that’s not very good. Lately I’ve found him rather…sloppy&quot. Zeel was continuing the conversation, but his curiosity was finally piqued. More than just a case of mild disinterest, this woman knew he’d been reading her. Was she reading him too? And if so, was it natural instinct or study, such as the way he’d learned? &quotAs for what you want with me, I am unsure to be completely honest. Not that it matters. There’s nothing you can take from me that I would care much for&quot. Zeel’s voice remained perfectly stoic, but his face twinged for the slightest of moment in sorrow. Of course, the mask had returned before any normal person would notice. However, both parties knew that she was not normal. &quotAlso, to catch your interest, I’m not so much reckless as…masochistic you could say. I Seek Mr Eaten’s Name&quot. He smirked as he leaned in close and whispered in her ear &quotSeven is the Number. If you want to know of what, you’ll find out soon enough&quot. Then he withdrew, continuing the dance and acting as though nothing had happened, watching her in an attempt to calculate her next move.[li]

“The boatman?” She asked. She knew what happened when you died, it was hard not to in the neath, where almost everyone had at least once, but it was good to keep him talking for now. “And are you sure that there’s nothing I need from you that you would care about, because the one thing I could use most right now would be…” She leaned in, pushing him slightly back at the same time, she was almost at the entrance… “A devil.” She whispered. “Quite a few, actually.” Knowing he was trying to read her, she closed her eyes and focused on the music, hoping she hadn’t given too much away yet. Listening to the song die down as the dance ended, she waited for his reply, sure that with the last thing she had said, he would finally ask her a question, or at least hoping he would.

The dance floor had been a very, very bad idea. The air practically stank of plotting, and Teresa was absolutely sure that she was drawing attention. That could not possibly make for a good combination. In her haste to get away, she rudely shoved aside a lady offering her a dance. Great. Now she’d lost face and a chance to disguise herself as a normal, ladder-climbing party goer as opposed to someone fleeing a crime scene. Really had to congratulate herself for that brilliant decision.

She looked over her shoulder and saw a few couples dancing toward her and the entrance. Maybe they were there by chance? Or there for some reason that wasn’t her? God, she’d barely found a place for herself and now she was here, probably being chased. Forget the party favors, she’d be lucky if she made it out without any further consequences. She crossed her fingers briefly, for luck, and pushed on.

(I must apologize, moving house means lacking internet)

&quotYou require Devils?&quot Zeel asked, raising an eyebrow slightly in curiosity. &quotPeople like you, they don’t usually seek the infernal. Those who haven’t died. Once you see death, something changes…or perhaps I’m just closer to death than most. It is hard to know, there are too many variables&quot. Zeel closed his eyes a moment, losing himself completely in his thought process before opening them again, a look of clarity in his eyes. &quotYes, that makes sense. Anyway, Devils? Depends what you plan to do with them. As much as I am unable to mourn the loss of anything, it would still be inconvenient to lose my friends. So, speak now, and expect to pay a price in return. Be careful though, bargaining with me may lose you more than you could ever imagine&quot

(Also Teresa, don’t worry, we’ll catch you soon :) )
[li]