Returning to Court- Laureate Among Poets: A Guide

Ah yes, been looking forward to this :)

What kind of rewards do the new options give? Are they in line with the ones for the previously available?

Also, what are everyone’s preferred actions for grinding Inspired? I’ve been quietly working and taking inspiration from nature, while spending favours as I max out from cards drawn in Court.

What are the new novel options anyway?

The new options for a Novel are:
A Tale of Espionage (5 Great Game Renown)
A Tale for the People (5 Criminal and Urchin Renown)
A Bazaarine Tale

The real question is which of these God’s Editors will accept.

[quote=The Soft-Hearted Revolutionary]The new options for a Novel are:
A Tale of Espionage (5 Great Game Renown)
A Tale for the People (5 Criminal and Urchin Renown)
A Bazaarine Tale[/quote]

…Do any other options…or anything else in the creating, give any other renown? I am intrigued. I like the idea of having a way to get it without the converting favors, especially since that tops off.

I had been putting off getting exiled, but if there’s a way to grind renown involved…I need to jump on that scandalous ballet.

No, not a single action in the process gives Renown, those are requirements

I see, that makes more sense.

Thank You for the correction

Good point about the Honey and Scandal options for Inspired. Depending on what the actual rare success chances are on the various actions, I think the Scandal option is probably a wash unless you’re unloading all your Scandal on an alt. If we assume a reciprocal back and forth, it’ll take 6 actions to relieve the Scandal you get composing a 24-Inspired work. Assuming no rare successes, that puts the Bohemian creator 4 actions ahead of the cloistered, but it doesn’t take many rare successes to eat into that small margin.

The honey option, on the other hand, is a really good deal. You finish a 24-Inspired work in 15 actions instead of 30 (ignoring rare successes) at a cost of 7.5 echoes worth of honey, and you can easily make more than that with 15 spare actions. Grinding up the honey is a potential issue if you don’t have a stockpile, but calling in Bohemian favours can provide you with a nice supply (and is almost certainly a better use of favours than spending them directly on Inspired).

I think it helps, though, that the process of turning in your “Fine Piece” points for Laureate points also generates Making Waves.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, but for the &quotSubmit your work for consideration&quot storylet, the Persuasive requirement also rises along with A Fine Piece, by about 10 levels each time. If my math is correct (and I’ll be honest, math has never been my strong suit), getting the 20th point of A Poet-Laureate will require Persuasive 300.

That’s assuming the increase doesn’t cap at some point.

True, and I really hope that that is the case; otherwise, I don’t think Persuasive 300 is even obtainable without a Mood.

Well this could very well be a Courier’s Footrpint grind, the final stages all but unobtainable without moods and previous grinds in place (i.e goats).
I hope that, unlike Footrpint, a Poet Laureate gets something for their trouble. I get why in the Footprint the wounds and screams are their own reward but a Poet Laureate should have something magnificent to go with the title.
Probably disturbing, too. But magnificent for sure.

Oh, and for me it is going to be revolutionaries favors all the way. I do not like to trade them and help the Liberation, so I have been using them to recoup nadir dangerous losses. Now I am going to become the Laureate… thanks to the revolutionaries’ help. I gues this is the way FL is.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Well this could very well be a Courier’s Footrpint grind, the final stages all but unobtainable without moods and previous grinds in place (i.e goats).
I hope that, unlike Footrpint, a Poet Laureate gets something for their trouble. I get why in the Footprint the wounds and screams are their own reward but a Poet Laureate should have something magnificent to go with the title.
Probably disturbing, too. But magnificent for sure.[/quote]
Speaking as a Courier (Apologies for the smell of singed hair about me), I would like to see both the Courier’s Footprint and Laurete Among Poets get some kind of reward storylet or opportunity card. For these massive end game grinds, I feel it is only right that the player get something to experience that acknowledges the lengths they have gone to and the heights (and depths) they have reached here in the Neath.

Although, At least in the case of the Footprint it was already integrated into one of the options for &quotLondon’s Nerves&quot, so perhaps a Laurete could get a similar action added to &quotLondon’s Blood&quot?

This is awesome and will be my lategame grind of choice (first I need to get kicked out, of course).

[quote=Jolanda Swan]
I hope that, unlike Footrpint, a Poet Laureate gets something for their trouble[/quote]

Aren’t we supposed to get the Versification House?
Which will presumably be a 4-card lodging upgradable to 5-card on christmas.