Requirements and Costs

Quite useful innovation, to my mind. Thank you!

I’m really liking all the changes you have been putting out recently (like this, and the outfits). Playing on mobile makes it really hard to mouse over images and see the tooltips, and it is similarly difficult to swap hats on a smartphone. I feel like you are moving to a more intuitive and mobile-friendly design, which I’m very happy about!

Now, if only we could get all five cards on one line…

Quite nice. Are they really necessary for storylet unlocks, though? Those are always going to be unlocks, unless you, like, charge us just for opening one…?

This is an exciting innovation!

How will this work for things where you require multiple quality requirements, but only some are used (such as needing Connections only to qualify, but you’re spending some of your bloatworms)? Would you get both a price tag and a lock? And how would you tell which is being spent?

I really like the new features. I think it will come handy especially in resource management but…

where do I grind for Calamitous Bloatworms? ;)

[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)][quote=]We’ve all been there; we all know how hard it is to manage your Bloatworms (and Rostygold, and Connected: the Church, and so on) with the Fallen London UI. So we’re rolling out a change to make it clearer. Once the change is complete, any unlocks where you keep the quality (‘Requirements’) will be marked with a little padlock, and any where you use up the quality (‘Costs’) will be marked with a little price tag.[/quote][/color]

[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]
[/color]
I’m seeing little open padlock icons next to things that to me obviously seem to be costs, like every option (except stealing) for acquiring tickets to Mrs. Plenty’s carnival. Is it just that this change is not yet complete, so some things currently are identified incorrectly; or that the open padlock means I’ve already unlocked it, even though there will still be a cost to use it again; or is it that I’m simply misunderstanding what these icons signify?

Have you tried searching the Calamitous Bloat-soil? :-p

This is wonderful! I had assumed the lock meant we could lock off (or unlock) options to avoid clicking on them, but hopefully there will still be a way to lock off options in the future (without too much lock icon confusion).

I noticed that it is not functional yet. I have an unlock symbol next to an icon saying that I need 50 Map Scraps. (I have 0, so I don’t have enough to afford it)
EDIT: I have 8 Map Scraps now, tha[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]nks to a 2nd Chance at the 36% challenge. 42 more to go… But that does not change the fact that it is still not accurate. [/color]
edited by th8827 on 11/10/2015

I appreciate Miss Crumpet’s comment - All five cards on one line would be -beautiful-.

Like others here, I appreciate the clarity (from the League of Clarity, no doubt) added to the game. Despite the fact that the much echoed ‘we never knew we needed this but we did’, I find myself much more interested in where I can get these ‘Calamitous Bloatworms’, as I’m sure they could be useful in all kinds of situations. Maybe behind the mirrors, for instance. Or on the upcoming trek towards Flint later in the month. Are these available somewhere?

This would give me such immense happiness, bytheby. I cannot tell you how many times in the Affair of the Box, I have accidentally clicked something I didn’t mean to. One faction’s option can be either the top option or the bottom option, and it leads to rather disastrous misunderstandings…

Never have so few bloatworms done so much for so many.

This would give me such immense happiness, bytheby. I cannot tell you how many times in the Affair of the Box, I have accidentally clicked something I didn’t mean to. One faction’s option can be either the top option or the bottom option, and it leads to rather disastrous misunderstandings…[/quote]

Turncoat. Dear God. Just…Turncoat.

[quote=Agatha Kizmesis]

Turncoat. Dear God. Just…Turncoat.[/quote]

Or losing all your Connected when you intended to click on Counting the Days sigh

Plants. Confound all opposing gardeners!

[color=#C2B280]We’ve now implemented costs in the Forgotten Quarter, Labyrinth of Tigers and Baaar Side-Streets: every requirement that behaves like a cost should now have a price tag next to it.

As ever, we welcome your delicious feedback, and do let us know at support@failbettergames.com if you encounter any bugs (other than benign varieties thereof, like, Phosphorescent Scarabs).[/color]

[quote=Flyte][color=#C2B280]We’ve now implemented costs in the Forgotten Quarter, Labyrinth of Tigers and Baaar Side-Streets: every requirement that behaves like a cost should now have a price tag next to it.

As ever, we welcome your delicious feedback, and do let us know at support@failbettergames.com if you encounter any bugs (other than benign varieties thereof, like, Phosphorescent Scarabs).[/color][/quote]

Am I going loopy or did you get rid of the &quotYou’ve lost 50 x Something (new total 27638). &quotmessage as well? Seems so, at least in the Forgotten Quarter. I was preparing for an expedition and didn’t get to see how many items of the commodity I still had left. Which is pretty inconvenient.

Or is this just not fully implemented yet? Or a bug?

Absolutely - this missing info is a real problem. I’ve just converted a bunch of secrets into diamonds at the Bazaar Side-Streets and the interface wouldn’t tell me how many Cryptic Clues I still had, and didn’t give a message that they were spent either!

I’ll send a bug report.

[quote=dov]Absolutely - this missing info is a real problem. I’ve just converted a bunch of secrets into diamonds at the Bazaar Side-Streets and the interface wouldn’t tell me how many Cryptic Clues I still had, and didn’t give a message that they were spent either!

I’ll send a bug report.[/quote]
Heh, that’s exactly where I discovered the absence of this information; I’m trying to get a Magnificent Diamond for my marriage proposal (shh, by the way), and don’t care to count how many times I’ve failed so far. And I’ve just sent a report about it.