Regaining Nobability from Scratch

Recently I felt the need to upgrade a stat, which dropped my notability to 0. I can no longer force the Amanuensis card, but read here that it should show up at some point, so I am waiting…

However, I did read somewhere about having 15 MW and being able to ‘force’ the card…is that still available? I’ve looked and have seen this option referenced. I just can’t seem to find it.

You can force the card, once you have a point of notability. Until then you have to either wait, or get someone with a spare point to give it to you, to get you started.

[quote=Dorian Foster]Recently I felt the need to upgrade a stat, which dropped my notability to 0. I can no longer force the Amanuensis card, but read here that it should show up at some point, so I am waiting…
However, I did read somewhere about having 15 MW and being able to ‘force’ the card…is that still available? I’ve looked and have seen this option referenced. I just can’t seem to find it.[/quote]

&quotYou can force the card, once you have a point of notability&quot

And enough Making Waves + BDR to get the next point! Which costs a ton if it’s high.

Fortunately I have a recently resurrected alt who exists mostly to accept invitations to supper, and occasionally send back a point of notability when I need to blow it all. Which I soon will, once I decide which stat to boost…

Anyway, alt has 3 notability, enough MW to summon the shifty-eyed bald guy, and more than 2 is not really helping me. So if you still need the first point, let me know your in-game name and I’ll &quotRecommend an unknown acquaintance&quot for you, and you’ll maybe owe me a favour or something;)

I recently advanced my persuasive from 200 to 209 by spending all of my Notability. Then immediately facepalmed because you guys had me scared that the Amanuensis card was never going to come.

Results: I drew it the same day. Perhaps 5 hours later?

Caveat: Sample size was 1 trial :P

Hypothesis: We probably all draw that card a few times a week, but don’t take much note of it. If you don’t have the Making Waves to advance, you’ll just pick one of the lesser options and forget about it. It’s not an exceedingly rare card; if you are patient, you’ll draw it soon enough.

I think it’s ever so slightly more common than it was when people were mainly complaining about the Amanuensis never turning up.

Modern humans are well evolved in many aspects, but one thing we are terribly adapted to is the estimation of long-shot chances :(

The difference between a 40:1 shot and a 400:1 shot, the math says its a 10x multiple, but we will typically interpret it as 2x or 3x less likely.

Just dumb apes after all :D

Honestly, I think it’s still infrequent. I personally haven’t seen it since I last spent my notability, which has been a little while ago. But it’s not really needed to be so common now that a lot of people have notability already.