Redeeming the Disgraced Rattus Faber

I have progressed a certain story line at my Lodgings, to a point at which my Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief pet volunteers for a mission: ‘Let me have this one. It’s time I cleared my name.’ - Is this the only opportunity for his redemption? Can he ‘evolve’ (as with Pokemon) into the non-disgraced variety of Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief?
I’d love to get a non-disgraced B-C without paying 320 at Nassos Zoologicals. But I’m more invested in redemption, because I love redemption stories.
edited by Riley37 on 11/9/2013

[quote=Riley37]I have progressed a certain story line at my Lodgings, to a point at which my Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief pet volunteers for a mission: ‘Let me have this one. It’s time I cleared my name.’ - Is this the only opportunity for his redemption? Can he ‘evolve’ (as with Pokemon) into the non-disgraced variety of Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief?
I’d love to get a non-disgraced B-C without paying 320 at Nassos Zoologicals. But I’m more invested in redemption, because I love redemption stories.
edited by Riley37 on 11/9/2013[/quote]

I can assure you, succeed or fail, this does EXACTLY the opposite of what you seem to think it does. That isn’t the type of redemption he’s going for.

Yes what Voyager said. And even should you chose a later descision he still doesn’t get upgraded.[li]
edited by Blackleaf on 11/10/2013

An accurate answer. So if he was ever un-disgraced… it was only rather briefly. Even so, I still chose to give up the pet, much as I will miss the +5 to Dangerous.

You can get him back with fate. It will only give him back to you though. Not upgrade him. Terrible descision on failbettergames side imo >_<[li]

Disgrace isn’t exactly something one can scrub away. Still, I recall the Fate option to get him back suggesting an interesting tale about his supposed death. Or maybe that’s just my headcanon.

apologies for the thread necromancy - can someone PM me or state if the story is interesting and worth any fate?

I enjoyed Flute street and wouldn’t mind spending fate on a story that was similarly enjoyable.

It’s just one option, so I’d say it’s not worth the Fate unless you just want to get your pet back.

[quote=Blackleaf]You can get him back with fate. It will only give him back to you though. Not upgrade him. Terrible decision on failbettergames side imo >_<[/quote]Or you could just side with the Big Rat and then purchase a regular-sized one for the bargain price of I Can’t Remember How Many Antique Mysteries.

Siding with the Big Rat is so much more useful than simply killing him. The only reason I un-saved and the killed him was so I could get the Disgraced Chief back and have the Albino Rat for completionism.

I tried the side with, reset the story and got my albino rat, got my disgrased rat back and bought a bandit chief. Working rats and talkative rats along with teh Scuttering Squad round out my rattus collection.