Recurring server hiccups

Same issue. It’s really a pain considering I decided to try my hand at the limited-time-availability Notability confession grind. Difficult grinds for a seasonal event with a clock ticking down are a really bad time to have the game become nearly unplayable. :(

This would be bad at anytime but I agree that is additionally frustrating at the moment.

I was doing the Notability confession grind and not being sure whether the item conversion has worked and the game bugging out when you summon the amanuensis makes it worse.

I was considering spending the Fate to get a watchful doll but this bug is just too frustrating and I don’t want to risk RL money at the moment.

Weirdly enough, I’ve only encountered some minor lag yesterday night, currently my Fallen London seems to be running normally.

I’ve been having trouble since last night but repeated side-conversions works more consistently than trying to draw cards.

One thing good about the way drawing Slowcake works is that once you force draw him he goes into your active cards so he can’t be discarded accidently

Yes, with Firefox I am getting the crash screen almost every time, and even when logging in. I think this time the server really has dissolved in a shower of sparks.

– Mal

Dear FBG, server errors happen and that is perfectly okay, but if you do not get to fix this before Monday, please consider extending Hallowmas for a couple of days longer than planned. It is really quite impossible to do the Hallowmas-required Notability grind like this.

I wonder if this means that our characters are stored in different servers, and that’s why only some accounts are affected, and some accounts seem affected to a higher degree?

Add my name to the list of people having this problem.

Yes, me too. I had this problem yesterday evening, and still having trouble this morning. My alts Jack and Edith are the accounts affected, but it only seems to affect the Tier 3 conversions. I spent some time flipping cards and playing some storylets, and all seemed normal. But when I switched back to try and do some MW conversions, it was back to the error messages. Interestingly, I was even able to interact with other inventory items (I petted my Starveling Cat, for ex.), just not the Tier 3 conversion circuit.

I sent in a support email, but thought I’d outline it here as well.

I had this problem last night and it persists up until right now. If anything, I think it’s gotten worse; I can barely take three actions without a hiccup.

Seconding the notion that maybe Hallowmas should be extended a day or two. I’m getting maybe one action for every two attempts, and the ones that go through don’t always give the advertised effects.

Constant hiccups on all accounts for me - definitely unplayable.

All is not well at this point.

I have been having the same problem all day. Crashing every other action or so. It’s getting quite frustrating.

Started happening for me right about the time people started reporting seeing the November Epilogue.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc?

I wonder if this means that our characters are stored in different servers, and that’s why only some accounts are affected, and some accounts seem affected to a higher degree?[/quote]
That’s what I was thinking too, although at the moment the problem has gotten better for me without seeming to have gotten better for a lot of other people.
My main account (the one that was useless 12 hours ago) is now doing okay. I crashed thrice in my 20 actions, which isn’t terrible, compared to almost 20 for 20 actions yesterday…
I did get one crash on my alt this morning, but only the one.

Still happening for me on my main and alt accounts in ff, ie, edge, chrome, etc, etc (I always try on various browsers). It’s grown worse for me in that every action I attempt gives me the “stars have died, etc. click here and all will be well” message, and when I click said “all is well” bit, I get the error again. After (on average) 2-3 clicks of the “all is well” bit after 2-3 continuous errors, I can use my account again. Then after another action, cue the sequence all over again. It is, as another user above said, very frustrating.

I always click on the Story tab when I get an error message. Clicking on the suggested link would only bring me to the Myself page, and that’s not usually where I want to go.

What helps me is clicking on the error message which takes me to the Myself tab, then click on Myself again, then onwards from there. That seems to end the error message loop.
That said, I haven’t had that message for quite a few actions now, so it seems to be getting better.

Seems to be over for me - just played 20 turns without incident for the first time today.