Really Advanced Lodgings

Okay, I have every lodging I can get, except the ones that give you 5 cards. Those three are still not owned by me, and I’m really wanting them. I mean, who WOULDN&quotT want a Sanctum at the Embassy? The problem is a) notability. I’m adding to that slowly, and it’s a matter of time and luck. b) there’s the things like the Impossible Theorum and the location of the guy for the Sanctum, and so on. [li]

I can get nearly everything else, but those impossible ones, they are killing me. I had hoped that the Feast would help, but all that did was distract me from getting these in teh first place.

So I need help.

is there an active discussion about these someplace already?
Where can I find these?
What do I need to do?

(and excuse the lack of exact names, I can’t look them up right now)

The Impossible Theorem can be attempted via having a bunch of Searing Enigmas and going to the University, as I recall.

The Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell can be acquired if you give the location of the Nadir to the Great Game, or if you give a heckaton of scraps to the Capering Relicker.

Or you could just wait a year and then gain access a lot easier through the Taste of Lacre.

Assuming that Penstock will make the same deals next year. Do we know that’s the case?

[quote=Zeek]Or you could just wait a year and then gain access a lot easier through the Taste of Lacre.[/quote]This, thisthisthisthis. Seriously, just wait. There aren’t any notable uses for any of the lodgings, and five card slots looks stranger than it is useful. Plus, the necessary item grinds are really only &quotworth&quot doing once for collection purposes. You don’t want to spend the necessary time gathering booze and waiting for the RNG to stop hating you just to get a marginally improved Bazaar Premises.

EDIT: Never mind, mistaken.
edited by Flipz on 3/2/2014

We’re not certain that the same deals will be available next year. And yeah, RIGHT NOW they don’t give much other than being able to hold another card, but we already know they’re planning to do more with lodgings, and I doubt, considering what they cost, they’ll have simply the same effects as their four card versions forever.

Obviously this depends on how much you want five card access, and how much you’re willing to spend on lodgings we don’t know the full benefits of, of course.
[li]

[quote=Humblest]Assuming that Penstock will make the same deals next year. Do we know that’s the case?[/quote]Well, no. But as far as I know the text still says that those lodgings will be easier to get at certain times of the year. Doesn’t say how much easier though, so I guess it’s possible that it’ll cost more than the first time. Even if Penstock offers the same deal, the urchins selling pails of lacre could charge even more than last time. Better stock up on Night-Whispers in advance?

Got lucky and got one. 5 cards - and no special opportunity cards - are what you get for them. 5 cards in hand is nice, don’t get me wrong, but they’re very expensive for what you get. Even discounted - they’ve kudos value, but that’s about it :).
(Not that I’m not extremely comfortable in my Sanctum you understand. The price… well, a trifling thing that I hope to be able to replace…

[quote=Ed Rolison]Got lucky and got one. 5 cards - and no special opportunity cards - are what you get for them. 5 cards in hand is nice, don’t get me wrong, but they’re very expensive for what you get. Even discounted - they’ve kudos value, but that’s about it :).
(Not that I’m not extremely comfortable in my Sanctum you understand. The price… well, a trifling thing that I hope to be able to replace…[/quote]

[li]

I think it mainly depends WHERE you are. Of course, in the main London there are so many cards in the deck which having 5 cards is mostly useful if you are hunting for a great quantity of eyeless skulls - if you keep some cards in your hand it does not modify the deck in any appreciable fashion.

On the other hand, on the Unterzee, in the Nadir, polythreme, prison, etc… that is, in most places which have a quite narrow deck, having a 5-cards hand is pretty much useful, since you can eliminate 4 cards from the deck (which, in these cases, is pretty much one third of the location-deck) by keeping them in your hand.[/li][li]
edited by Mizr. Edlaine Saphburgh on 3/5/2014