Rat of Glory

Do people actually give away their Rat of Glory? Why would someone do that? And is there a way to trade for one?

Not sure - I guess the closest way to trade would be to send boxes of stuff, or send dead rats, but that would require a lot of actions to do if you were hoping to offer/obtain any meaningful amount of monetary value from the deal. So much so that I think it would be hardly worth attempting to negotiate a trade. (One of the options when attempting to use the Rat of Glory item is: &quotObtain between one and seven Searing Enigmas&quot, after all.)

I dunno 'bout that - I’ve still got mine. Just never decided what I wanted to do with the thing, so I’ve kept it until I’m ready to part with it. :-)
edited by Kittenpox on 11/22/2018

I have thousands of Mourning Candles, and I’d rather not find out how many the rat might steal if I do anything except exchange it for another Scuttering Squad.

Not sure - I guess the closest way to trade would be to … send dead rats [/quote]

LOL

Send me a Rat of Glory and I will send you dead rats!

A promise … or a threat?

NB: This post is for entertainment purposes only. I will not actually send you rats if you send me a Rat of Glory.

We’re not ALL that mercenary, Isaac. I have five million bottles of cheap rotgut and fifty thousand mourning candles just because it amused me to collect them. :)

D’accord! What is a self-respecting cabinet of curiosities without a rat-thief dipped in tallow?

[quote=Tom Davidson]We’re not ALL that mercenary, Isaac. I have five million bottles of cheap rotgut and fifty thousand mourning candles just because it amused me to collect them. :)[/quote]Care to share those numbers on your mantelpiece? It’s just something you don’t see every day! Specially that those may value more than a Cider.

I’ve had a Rat of Glory all this time, and it has never woken up. I suspect the mechanics of the game do not allow for it, unless it involves Time, the Healer and I’m really lucky.

Sharing the rotgut now. laugh To be honest, I like to pretend that all the extra lodgings I’ve amassed that go unused are simply full to the rafters with terrible wine.

[quote= Saklad]I’ve had a Rat of Glory all this time, and it has never woken up. I suspect the mechanics of the game do not allow for it, unless it involves Time, the Healer and I’m really lucky.[/quote] Think I read something 2 years ago, but I’m not 100% certain it was an official statement, but the Rat isn’t activated by TtH.
Only interactions with it may have undesired effects. Or desired!

Back in 2015 there was a thread discussing actual and potential Rat-of-Glory activations. The best post in it is this:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic21227-the-rat-of-glory.aspx#post120663