Raising Veils and the Whispering Trophy Case

The other four items you create in your study all sell somewhere or other but apparently not this one. I have visited every port since creating a Whispering Trophy Case and can’t find anywhere to sell it and there is no information about selling it on the Wiki.

So does anybody know if it sells anywhere or should I just jettison it so I can keep increasing my Veils.

Have you tried all the shops in the Iron Republic? I’m fairly sure I’ve seen the sell option somewhere.

[edit] I just cycled through all four IR shops, and it’s not there either. I can’t shake the feeling that I’ve seen it before, but if you’ve checked every other port already, then I don’t know what to tell you. :(
edited by Sigred on 3/15/2015

No I haven’t cycled all the way through the Iron Republic shops. I guess I could go down there and see though I was hoping someone knew for sure if/where it sells.

Thanks - your edit came as I was typing my message at least I don’t have to try cycling through the Iron Republic :)

I might have missed somewhere but thought I had visited every port with shops since I got a Whispering Trophy Case.
edited by reveurciel on 3/15/2015

You can’t sell the Trophy Case anywhere, which might be an oversight, or maybe it’s just that nobody wants your weird creepy whispering bone thing.

Thanks Spacemarine9 - Time to hit that jettison button then … I want to make another one!

A deaf dog maybe?

Veils can be raised to 185 (base) with just officer training, so it’s not too bad. (Admittedly that requires buying a Dreadnaught only to trade it back later, so it might not be the most economical decision.) You could raise it with trophy-cases to 235, even. Maybe 242 if you plan it right, for a total of 146 starting Veils on your next captain.
edited by Olorin on 3/15/2015

I don’t think you can as the items you make in your study only raise your base level e.g. my veils was at 195 and creating another trophy case took it to 200 not 202.
edited by reveurciel on 3/16/2015

Yeah, aren’t stats hard-capped at 200 now?

Ah man. That’s unfortunate.

Honestly I think having the caps be 200 plus however much negatives you can stack through modifiers, plus six by timing the study item crafting is just needlessly confusing.

Honestly I think having the caps be 200 plus however much negatives you can stack through modifiers, plus six by timing the study item crafting is just needlessly confusing.[/quote]

In addition to being far higher than any current content reasonably requires (exception: Wisdom).

For all that didn’t notice it, yet: you can now sell your creepy whispering bone thing at the msot likely place to sell a bone thing of any sort.

I haven’t tried the new version yet, but if it’s where I think it is, I find it funny since there’s also where there’s likely to be the most natural occurrence of trophy cases.

I was instead expecting something more along their to-do entry in the patch notes:

• Though we have increased the spawn rate for some of the zee-beasts needed to complete certain quest chains, we still want to introduce a reliable way to ‘summon’ them to a given location. We’ll look at adding this in an upcoming patch.

Drop it at zea and the local zea-beastest will come attracted by the whispers of past prey.