Raising unaccountably peckish when stat capped?

I want to start the quest on discovering the secrets of a given name, and for so, I need Unaccountably Peckish 3 and a trip to the mahogany hall. I do have this “menace” at 1, from eating homecooked underzee monster while on a trip, but that caps at 1, all sources of UP seem to be hard to access when at stat cap, and with high dream qualities. Any suggestions?
edited by Vyrlokar on 5/3/2012

Indulge your hunger on Saturday at the Hall. Then prepare for menace.

Head to the Duchess’ Salon and speak of horrible things

That requires UP 3, and I don’t have it, I have UP 1…

This requires UP 2…

At the Mahogany Hall, with a Survivor in the affair of the box, This option appear: The CHARMING and EXOTIC Kashmiri Princess. Choose “Ask her to sing Pop Goes The Weasel” It should help you, but beware, your Weasel are going to blow up!

Then ask the Kashmiri Princess to sing you a song on Sunday.

Checked the wiki, and ouch! I need Plagues by a popular song 2 (I have 1). I don’t want to lose my weasels! Specially not my Salt Weasel…

I’m considering going to the carnival, for some rubbery lumps. Seems the best solution. I don’t really care if my persuasive gets a little damaged, and the rare success will raise UP…

[quote=Vyrlokar]Checked the wiki, and ouch! I need Plagues by a popular song 2 (I have 1). I don’t want to lose my weasels! Specially not my Salt Weasel…

I’m considering going to the carnival, for some rubbery lumps. Seems the best solution. I don’t really care if my persuasive gets a little damaged, and the rare success will raise UP…[/quote]
You don’t loose your weasels until the stat hits 5 and even then you don’t loose your Salt Weasel, just the angry and lucky ones. Besides, there are ways to reduce the menace. I just like to sell them before my stat hits 5.

Though if you are worried about loosing things as small as weasel then you should not be looking forward to what awaits you if you decide to Seek the Name.

edited by Nigel Overstreet on 5/3/2012

I read in the wiki that if you fail the plagued by a popular song challenge, you lose all your weasels. Also, are you positive on the salt weasel being immune to the songs?

Only if you fail. If you succeed it just raises the menace.

I’m not but it has been discussed and confirmed [color=rgb(0, 0, 204)]here[/color]
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 5/3/2012

You can enlist a friend to pass a Starveling Cat back and forth. The cat will not be pleased.

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]On a side-note[/color][/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)] spoilers/[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 255)][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/color]I have recently gotten to the point where I have to constantly relinquish my soul. Do I have to acquire a cat proceed in getting my soul back.[/color][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]/spoilers[/color]

Fate or Cats. Those are the choices.

I did it by trying to fail at Sending Lyme to the Market. This is not at all efficient (the highest difficulty possible is Chancy, so I kept getting my hunger cured on a success before I managed to get it to 2), but it’s an option if you don’t have a cat. And at 2 you can proceed to the Duchess’s Salon.

Anyone can hand me a starveling cat? I promise that I’ll always return it (unless you tell me I can keep it)

You can get the first point by attempting to make your own rubbery lumps from a sea monster while at sea.

That one, I have. Mind you, the issue is getting to UP2. Afterwards, I think I know how to proceed.

The ‘Dinner with the Devils’ opportunity card gave me Unaccountably Peckish 1 and when I once again received that card, it raised to 1.5. I suppose if I do receive it again it would then raise the stats to a full 2. http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Dinner_with_devils - this is the card I mentioned.

Edit: I’ve just received the aforementioned card again and it did indeed raise my Unaccountably Peckish quality to 2.
edited by Wizour on 5/4/2012

Check out this discussion: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic283-increasing-my-unaccountably-peckish-quality.aspx

Sir, anyone looking to either seek the name or become more hungry for it should not be concerned with their losses on their quest to utter doom.