Raising Persuasive past 70?

Hey all.

I’ve run into a small issue. From about 65 Persuasive onward, the only available storylets are at a 100% success chance…which is quite a massive grind. I have access to the Shuttered Palace, but the only storylet available there also has a chance to lower Persuasive. What’s more, with my Persuasive bumped up to 85 through items there still aren’t any useful storylets. I finally hit 70 after just mindlessly using all my actions on the same thing in Veilgarden for several days straight, but there has to be a better way to do this. Any suggestions?

You’ve probably missed some part of the persuasive &quottracker&quot story stage. Means that there is something you still should accomplish at Veilgarden
edited by Andrew Astherson on 11/26/2015

I think Andrew is right, so you should look to see if you’ve missed any storylets. Still, correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like your goal is to train Persuasive.

If that’s the case, you could try lowering your persuasive with a Talkative Rattus Faber, if that will help. The success rate will (hopefully) fall below 100%. Something from 70-90 would be quite ideal, I think.

Also, you could invite others to Coffee at Caligula’s if you want to train Persuasive. Then trade the Confident Smiles that you get for Persuasive CPs in your Lodgings.
edited by Sestina Valdis on 11/26/2015

I find that writing a story a day does wonders for the Persuasion, even at 100% chance, because you get a number of CPs when your tale is printed. And, of course, you get cash, which is always a nice thing to have. It does take a lot of actions, true. From the monetary standpoint, though, it is one of the better grinds available to lower-level characters.

– Mal