Raising Heartless?

First, yes, I have consulted the wiki, before 5 people link me there :p

I was just wondering if there are any ways for a POSI with 170-200 in all skills to significantly raise Heartless without waiting for opportunity cards or snubbing everyone I know? A lot of the options that raise it seem to be limited to the lower levels. I also don’t wish to betray the Sardonic Music-hall Singer (I accidentally lost her friendship recently and I’ve only just started building it back up to reasonable levels.) Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m being super picky. :p

I’m trying to become Closest To: Hell and that’s the only quality I’m lacking.

Im afraid the only semi-reliable way to raise heartless is to wait for opportunity card during zee voyage (She’s Going Down! card, Let the Unterzee have them option). Honestly you are better off just snubbing someone and then adding them again and repeating the whole process…[li]
edited by Harlequin on 3/2/2014

So by adding a friend and kicking him off your list you get heartless? How far can you take that score?

edited by Owen Wulf on 3/2/2014

[quote=Inky Petrel]… significantly raise Heartless without waiting for opportunity cards or snubbing everyone I know? A lot of the options that raise it seem to be limited to the lower levels.

I’m trying to become Closest To: Hell and that’s the only quality I’m lacking.[/quote]Don’t you just need Heartless 5 for that? Level 5 is only 15 CPs, and I wouldn’t call that particularly ‘significant’, and I certainly consider it the ‘lower levels’ since the next common limits for quirks are 9 and 16. Are you sure you can’t wait for the appropriate cards to come up 15 times? If you checked the wiki you should’ve seen a few, and at least the Brimstone or frankincense? card should be accessible, or possible to activate if your Church contact is too low.

When I became bros with Hell, I recall doing most of my grinding at Zee* and the “Firecrackers in the Thurible” option on the Brimstone and Frankincense card.

*-There are two cards where you see another ship and can either raid them or help them. One of the raiding options gives Ruthless and the other Heartless.

Gillsing, I meant the lower levels of the game, not levels of heartless, sorry :) And I DID read the wiki, thank you, I don’t see the Brimstone card very often, ( probably just the RNG messing with me :p) so I was asking in case there was a faster option that the wiki might have missed. A lot of things are changing at the moment.

Also, I have discovered you can only snub someone once, even if you befriend them again later they don’t appear on the list to snub. (At least that was the case last time I tried.)

Thanks anyway. I guess I’ll head to zee and make some drownies, that looks like it might be the fastest way.

Ohhh, those lower levels. And yes, the RNG would probably be the one thing messing with you. At least if you draw a significant amount of cards every day. Because I get that card all the time.