Railway is here!

[quote=Aro Saren]AFAIK it was rebalanced - he started paying less for femurs because he started to buy whole skeletons.

Do we need Comprehensive bribes for each stretch of tracks (e. g. 3 to get to Ealing)?[/quote]

Yeah, you need to. It’s really expensive. Player characters can’t just throw Echoes at the problem, for whatever reason.

It’s just these buggers are the most pain in the ass to get out of all POSI materials.

[quote=Aro Saren]AFAIK it was rebalanced - he started paying less for femurs because he started to buy whole skeletons.

Do we need Comprehensive bribes for each stretch of tracks (e. g. 3 to get to Ealing)?[/quote]
I’m hoping that the bribes from Moloch-Ealing are because we’re having to destroy buildings along the way, and that once we get further into the Hinterlands the bribes won’t be needed anymore.

Yeap, there are few other reliable alternatives than the Bazaar Side-streets.

I do recall that it was nearly unused outside of certain Ambitions though.

On the more general note, I’m making a list of required items up to a current content cap. Anyone willing to help?

400 scrip and 5 Notability/7 Notability and 7 Society Favors and 14 Respectable/Ambition completion - become a director
1 Bribe and 3 Bazaar Permit - initiate the process
1 Judgement’s egg/Exceptional story/Feast Fate gift - initiate the process
Puzzling Map - first stage
10 Railway Steel and Bribe per stretch of tracks - currently 3
10 Gunpowder/5 Gunpowder and 5 geosurvey/5 Gunpowder and 5 pies for each stretch - currently 3
3 pies and 3 Biscuits to placate workers
Impossible Theorem (not consumed) and lots of Red Science - anomalous block
Infernal Machine and Puzzling Map - 2nd stage
20 Scrip - Ealing station

And there’s no way to farm Bone Fragments either?
edited by Aro Saren on 6/27/2020

There actually is. An Ivory Humerous gives 3000 echoes to a skeleton and costs an Orange-Apple, which requires 1100 fragments to make. So making an ape skeleton out of Ivory Humeri and selling them to the Paleontologist would more than double the amount of fragments that went into making it. The only problem is where to get torsos and skulls for those Humeri to complement.

The whole point of grinding fragments was to make copies of Vake skull, since there’s no reliable source yet.

Skulls aren’t a problem if you just need bone fragments, bright brass skulls are infinitely available. Torsos are a little harder, limited to opportunity cards if you didn’t get the iron-toothed terror bird. You don’t have to sell complete skeletons for bone fragments though. Jurassic thigh bones and holy thigh bones are possible too, and also unlimited. It’s just not very efficient action wise.

I have the bird, and the limiting factor is currently skulls for me - these brass things are just too expensive to buy on regular basis.

Well, bone fragments are valued at 1p each, and that’s what you get when trading in skeleton value. That’s unlikely to ever change as the penny value of various skeleton parts is directly tied to and balanced around the sell value of the rewards.
Using bright brass skulls just converts the echoes into skeleton value more or less 1:1. Spending 60 echoes worth of bone fragments (that take actions to obtain, likely at a non optimal EPA) to duplicate vake skulls just does the same, but with more steps. Directly grinding echoes using any of the the highly efficient methods we have now will always make more sense.
edited by Mona on 6/27/2020

All that planning to accumulate Bone Fragments sure make the Licentiate’s options incredibly convenient.

Also, couldn’t you just mooch Unidentified Thigh Bones off the grandma, boop them into Jurassic femurs at the lab and then sell it to the Bone Hoarder? I got my Bone Fragments that way. It’s long and tedious, but it’s (mostly) reliable and more importantly, readily doable. (The greatest hurdle is the grandma’s Persuasive roll.)

Besides, even if you flub the Monstrous Anatomy roll at the lab, you are going to need the Deer femurs for the Venison Marrow later.
edited by Rostygold on 6/28/2020

All that planning to accumulate Bone Fragments sure make the Licentiate’s options incredibly convenient.

Also, couldn’t you just mooch Unidentified Thigh Bones off the grandma, boop them into Jurassic femurs at the lab and then sell it to the Bone Hoarder? I got my Bone Fragments that way. It’s long and tedious, but it’s (mostly) reliable and more importantly, readily doable. (The greatest hurdle is the grandma’s Persuasive roll.)

Besides, even if you flub the Monstrous Anatomy roll at the lab, you are going to need the Deer femurs for the Venison Marrow later.
edited by Rostygold on 6/28/2020[/quote]
That should have occurred to me. Do we know how to process deer bones into marrow in game?

[quote=Catherine Raymond]
That should have occurred to me. Do we know how to process deer bones into marrow in game?[/quote]

Yes: by taking them to butchery at Ealing Gardens.

Which Expedition do I need for a Judgements Egg?

The (free) 30 supplies one.

I have my richest character take the option of petitioning the board to build around the anomaly; here are the results that I have included on the wiki.

This resets Track Laid progress. All those resources that went into the first Track Laid point? Gone. And Corporate Debt rises by several CPs, to compound the setback further.

This is the kind of frusration that the trailblazing wiki editors have to deal with, dudes.

[quote=Rostygold]Oh man… Just did a crapload of wiki updates.

New experiment to grind up Artisan of the Red Science by the way. It’s the kind that lets you nom down on Searing Enigmas and Incunabuli.

Also, clone the Vake Head. You are now decoration, Mr. Veils.

Also, use your head (had been there since Railway update). Literally. Repeatedly. Grind that Science.
&quot~Why don’t people understand
My intentions~&quot[/quote]Better links would be appreciated. :)

Grind sideways the Red Science

Vake’s head

Your severed head

John the Baptist Head, requires resource currently inaccessible
edited by Aro Saren on 6/28/2020

I am really looking forward to the moment when the mushrooms for duplicating Baptist Heads become available. Or another non-Seeking, non-Ambition specific use for Bone Duplicating Device appears. It’s just sitting there for me, being unbearably tantalizing…

[quote=Aro Saren][quote=Catherine Raymond]
That should have occurred to me. Do we know how to process deer bones into marrow in game?[/quote]

Yes: by taking them to butchery at Ealing Gardens.[/quote]

Has this been explicitly confirmed, or are we simply inferring that from the fact that the butcher has been announced to be there?

I mean, it does make sense; I’m just curious if anything has been officially divulged beyond the original railway announcement in the first post of this thread.

Hmm…do you need every board member to be on board? Because I had Virginia and the Bishop against me, and while I could’ve bribed Virginia with Hell favors, the Church not so much.