Radio Neath - Echo Bazaar soundtracks

Fanmade songs are more than okay, I’d lreally like to see more Echo Bazaar Filk music.

I’d really like to make some echo bazaar filk music!
Ah, flik. I’ve been a fan since the fifth grade or so. It’s something of a hobby to write filk for everything that strikes my fancy.
I do have some EBZ songs in the drafting stages, actually. Maybe if I can get my hands on a decent microphone I’ll record something or whatnot. But the sad part is it will never be near as wonderful as the Dark Clan song, considering they have instruments and what have you! Le sigh.
edited by ladylikeikneel on 2/19/2012

for the Stormy-Eyed:
161. Folkearth - Rhyming with Thunder

I’m back with some new uploads on my page( apparently, nobody posted the Malcolm Arnold tracks, so I uploaded them onto my account, they’re very pretty).

1. Four Welsh Dances - Malcolm Arnold (When battling sorrow-spiders and being covered in their silk out by accident.)
    163. the refuge - Javier Navarrete

2. The Pod Dance - Trevor Jones

3. The Dance - Jerry Goldsmith

4. Four Irish Dances - Malcolm Arnold

5. Hagatha’s Home - Peter McConnell

6. Bacwards on the Ritz - Ocat

When will the list be updated?

I like the fact that we have putting on the ritz both forwards and backwards now on the list, we’re really diving into the realm of anti-music, speaking of which:

1. 4000 Voices for Phonograph Over 100 Yards Away - Lorin Edwin Parker

If we’re doing not-exactly-music, have some more noel coward.

1. I went to a marvelous party - Noel Coward
    edited by ladylikeikneel on 2/23/2012

Speaking of things more close to a poem:
171. Thousand kisses deep (spoken version) - Leonard Cohen

[quote=ladylikeikneel]33. 1916 - Cake Bake Betty
34. Lise - Emilie Simon
35. Sweet Blossom - Emilie Simon
36. Vampires of the West Coast - Ghost Bees
37. To Love the Machine - Religious to Damn
38. Paris is Burning - St. Vincent
39. Salve Maria, Peace be With You - Soul Eater OST 2
40. Miserere mei - the machine in the garden
41. Feather Moon - Vienna Teng
42. Restless (classical) - Within Temptation
43. Libera me - Faure’s Requiem
44. Die Schatten werden langer - from the musical Elisabeth
45. I wrote in blood - still corners
46. Velveteen - still corners
47. Life in mono - mono

And if I can think of any others, I’ll be sure to post again. Also, thanks for all the recommendations - I love collecting interesting music.[/quote]

This thread is so wonderful! I shall add any ideas I have myself- I was particularly pleased to see St Vincent, Ghost Bees, and Vienna Teng there- some of my favourite musicians! I shall post some too, I think I did have some ideas, just cannot currently remember!

I actually found out the name of 87!
87. E Flat Trio 2nd Movement - Franz Schubert

1. This is Halloween - Oogie’s Revenge OST
  2. Gorillas?! - Ian Ballamy
  3. Chimbley Sweep - The Decemberists
  4. Wiener Schnitzel - Tom Lehrer ( In case you got drunk at one of the Shattered Palace’s parties)
  5. The Thing - Phil Harris( Pass the Cat game’s theme)

and I tohught the pass the cat theme would be:

1. The cat came back - Fred Penner

Connected: The duchess is dropping…

178. Cat people Dawid Bowie Speaknig of the duchess…
[i]edited by Owlor on 2/26/2012

179[/i] Jellicle songs - Cats and speaking of her Cats…
edited by Owlor on 2/26/2012

180- Concubine Waltz - sunday driver

[color=#330099]The Mesopotamians - They Might Be Giants[/color]

Heh…one of my biggest tags on last.fm is music for Echo Bazaar–I keep meaning to make a proper fanmix at some point and just haven’t gotten around to it. It’s long and half of that’s just general artists where I think something from them belongs on an EBZ mix but I haven’t picked, so these are ones that are really, specifically Fallen London for me:

Katzenjammer - A Bar in Amsterdam
Katzenjammer - Tea With Cinnamon
The Debutante Hour - Your Worldview Gets Me Down
The Moulettes - Devil of Mine
Flogging Molly - Devil’s Dance Floor
Steeleye Span - Boys of Bedlam
Steeleye Span - Lyke Wake Dirge
Blackbird Raum - Honey in the Hair
Sarah Slean - Parasol

Also just about anything from Dark Dark Dark or Dead Man’s Bones. Among others.
edited by 100indecisions on 3/5/2012

Oh! And I have filk! My friend Jo Robbins wrote and recorded the song “Nightmarket,” heavily inspired by Echo Bazaar; you can stream the whole thing at the link. If you like what you hear, take a listen to her other stuff; she’s got an EP of traditional ballads rewritten so they’re about vampires (and fantastically creepy), for instance…and she’s trying to record a full album but can’t because her hard drive crashed and has to be replaced. So if you can spare a few bucks for some of the songs, a real-life struggling artist whose stuff really wouldn’t be out of place in Veilgarden could definitely use it. Looks like I can’t link, but you can find her at jorobbins.bandcamp.com.
edited by 100indecisions on 3/5/2012

[quote=100indecisions]Oh! And I have filk! My friend Jo Robbins wrote and recorded the song [color=00ffff]"[/color][color=00ffff]Nightmarket[/color]," heavily inspired by Echo Bazaar; you can stream the whole thing at the link. If you like what you hear, take a listen to her other stuff; she’s got [color=#0033cc]an EP of traditional ballads rewritten so they’re about vampires[/color] (and fantastically creepy), for instance…and she’s trying to record a full album but can’t because her hard drive crashed and has to be replaced. So if you can spare a few bucks for some of the songs, a real-life struggling artist whose stuff really wouldn’t be out of place in Veilgarden could definitely use it. Looks like I can’t link, but you can find her at jorobbins.bandcamp.com.
edited by 100indecisions on 3/5/2012[/quote]

Great addition! Chances are you CAN link, but links show up as plain-text on this forum. So there’s a link there, but it isnt obvious unless you mouse over the text, which is a little weird, but it is always possible to format it fter the fact so its more obvious it is a link.
edited by Owlor on 3/5/2012

It did not even occur to me to just mouse over and see if the links were links. i r smrt. To be fair I thought maybe members below a certain post count weren’t allowed to post links to cut down on spam or something.

[quote=Owlor][quote=100indecisions]Oh! And I have filk! My friend Jo Robbins wrote and recorded the song [color=00ffff]"[/color][color=00ffff]Nightmarket[/color]," heavily inspired by Echo Bazaar; you can stream the whole thing at the link. If you like what you hear, take a listen to her other stuff; she’s got [color=#0033cc]an EP of traditional ballads rewritten so they’re about vampires[/color] (and fantastically creepy), for instance…and she’s trying to record a full album but can’t because her hard drive crashed and has to be replaced. So if you can spare a few bucks for some of the songs, a real-life struggling artist whose stuff really wouldn’t be out of place in Veilgarden could definitely use it. Looks like I can’t link, but you can find her at jorobbins.bandcamp.com.
edited by 100indecisions on 3/5/2012[/quote]

Great addition! Chances are you CAN link, but links show up as plain-text on this forum. So there’s a link there, but it isnt obvious unless you mouse over the text, which is a little weird, but it is always possible to format it fter the fact so its more obvious it is a link.
edited by Owlor on 3/5/2012[/quote]

Glad to add and fix links. ;)

1. Willows Song - Magnet (No Corn Riggs since that film plays that song too much!)
  2. Les Fusees - Alain Goraguer
  3. Geta’s Theme - Berto Pisano
  4. Fat Old Spider - J.R.R. Tolkien
  5. Dark Eyes - Moondog
  6. La Nouba - Benoit Jutras
  7. L’execution - Angelo Badalamenti

(How’s the list going so far?)
edited by Ariel Baron on 3/11/2012

If you haven’t heard of Professor Elemental you should really go google him now. He’s a “Chap Hop” rapper. here is a excerpt from his song “Steam Powered”

"If you’re all about steam and brass
And all you need to start is tea and a flask
Sharp set of gears in a gleaming arc
In the sky race heaving and screaming past

If you’re all about reaching far
Seeking the past on secret charts
Meeting in secret beneath the stars
With a decent mask and a good moustache."

He plays the role of a demented mad scientist/explorer/english gentleman

He’s right at home in fallen london.

This may be a long shot, but “Magic” by Bruce Springsteen always makes me remember the Glass and Mahogany Hall.

Good grief, I think it would be easier to name the Midnight Syndicate songs that aren’t reminiscent of Fallen London. I like the idea of each area or state of being having its own “theme song” of sorts. Here are a few of my favorites:

Welcome to the Carnival (or really, the entire Carnivale Arcane CD) for Mrs. Plenty’s.
Haverghast Asylum for a room at the Royal Bethlehem Hotel.
Residents Past and Mausoleum D’Haverghast for when one has been exiled to the Tomb Colonies.
Soliloquy for home, sweet home~
Fallen Grandeur for the Shuttered Palace (or the churches around Fallen London)
Ancient Tomes for the University
Eye of the Storm for when one becomes Stormy-Eyed

Honestly, the list could go on and on-- these are just the songs I could think of off the top of my head. ^_^
edited by RageBox Alice on 3/17/2012