Quotes for the Phlegethonian Gazette

I require in character quotes for the next edition to the Phlegethonian Gazette. You can be supporter of any candidate or say any opinion on whatever you talk about, all I require is your character’s name, preferred prefix/title, and of course the quote itself.

Fixes glasses and gathers up a pen and some paper

Now to the interviewing. What is your opinion on the election this year and the election process itself?
edited by Lord Gazter on 7/9/2017

It was like a burning bordello on wheels, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

&quotI am quite certain that Londoners can be relied on to forgo order and restraint in favour of uncertainty and excitement. If not, well… it’s not like much is actually going to change under any Mayor. But it was a wild ride, and here’s to more turmoil to come over the next year! Vote Feducci!&quot
—Prof. E. M. Canning, the Radical Esotericist

&quotTomorrow, Londoners will decide whether to vindicate Sinning Jenny or callously bury her. If they bury Jenny, well, I will be there to dance on her grave. Small pleasures.&quot
-Anne Auclair, Editor, the Side-Street Journal

And just to be clear, &quotburying Sinning Jenny&quot means electing Feducci or the Detective.
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/10/2017

&quotThere’s always a silver lining. For instance, if the Campaigner loses, I can bury my sorrows in drink. I suppose that’s more mercy than we’re offering our opponents.&quot -Isaac Zienfried, spent too long trying to think up a snappy title for himself so he just gets his name put down
edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/10/2017

&quotIf my candidate wins she might very well have me arrested. But at least I will still be able to get drunk.&quot
&quotI have heard many politicians be accused of horrible crimes such as slavery, consorting with devils, or worse consorting with forgieners. Only down here those accusations are true. And yet that man may still be our next mayor.&quot
-Cornelius &quotSajach&quot Jackson Author and Propagandist[li]
edited by Sajach on 7/10/2017

&quotOur pennies have been spent, everyone hates each other, and London is further split with no big change to show for it. In the end, I think we’re all losers in this election, and it was terribly fun getting here.&quot
&quotLook on the bright side. The frontrunning candidate may be a foreign slave driver known for lying, killing, and serving literal demons, but at least that stuff is slightly less popular down here than in the rest of Europe.&quot
-Joseph Marlen, headache of ally and enemy alike
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 7/10/2017

&quotReally, the only real winners here are the people selling all these rotten fruits and lamps.
Where do they even find all these fruits and lamps anyways?&quot
-Ticking Scientist

Amfield, Correspondent: “An engaging little engagement, well fought. Now excuse me but I have a few bottles to polish off, just in case.”

Ms. Honoria Kastern- “I can only pray London made the logical choice. I hold out hope for the silent majority. Now if we could only… I HEARD THAT! COME OVER HERE AND SAY THAT, I’LL BREAK YOUR NOSE!.. Ahem, could only conduct next years election with a little more dignity and restraint.”

Maiser ‘OUT THE MASTERS! OUT THE DEVILS! FREE LONDON! nothing’ll change. dauntless is the best of the rotten bunch i rekon though.’

&quotAlthough a lot of London citizens have taken upon themselves to work during these elections and pull the reins of city decisions in favour of their own candidates, I can’t honestly say anything more than that old adage - &quotomnia mutantur, nihil interit&quot. But then again, I’m a pessimist by predisposition. I’ll drink to Sinning Jenny’s efforts - her successes and failures, her trials and tribulations, and truly hope to, in a year, drink to the successes and essays of her successor. But I may as well stop drinking if that d*** mummy get the office!&quot

• Baruch Blake, editor of the Diogenes’ Lantern and Canon of Unknown Rites

“The election? Wait, is this plagued thing still going on?” - Professor Van Allen, consulting detective, guest lecturer at the University on an assortment of matters, hobbist mad scientist, funny foreign, etc, etc.

[[OOC: I don’t know how she fits all of this on her calling card, either.]]

&quotIt’s odd really, to see how they scurry so, clamouring in the shadows before the face of light. One yet comes striding forth while another lusts for that ahead, and though their folly we forget. That we are less than pieces in the eyes above, and that The Game is far, far more than our petty ambitions. We lose ourselves in this place, to their Game, wilfully forsaking what it means to be ourselves and leaving behind naught but a worth of lacre.
Ha, The Game indeed, oh how he might laugh to see us now… but I doubt it.&quot

Odin, prelapsarian researcher
edited by Odin, All-father on 7/10/2017
edited by Odin, All-father on 7/10/2017

I have finished this edition of the Phlegethonian Gazette. Thank you to all, who gave their quotes. You have assisted Phlegethonian Gazette in our noble endeavor to give relevant and wholeheartedly honest news and for that you have our utmost thanks.

Sorry to all those who’s quotes I did not use. I tried to fit as many as I could in, but unfortunately I could only use so many. I plan on getting quotes out of those, who’s quotes didn’t make into this edition, for tomorrows end of the election paper.