Questions regarding SS place-names

This is something I’ve been asking myself for a while, as I wasn’t around then: did the SS backers have any say about what kind of place would be named after them or was it a complete surprise?

Adding to that, there will probably be need for a few new (underwater) place-names in Zubmariner. Since there’s no Kickstarter this time, have the devs decided yet how they will go about naming them?

(Of course, the second question is a roundabout way of asking whether there’s any way I can get my name on the map?) ;)

We could request a specific kind of landmark or leave it open. As for your second question - no idea, I’m afraid! You could write FBG a munificent cheque and hand it to them while making suggestive eyebrow motions, but I can’t guarantee that it would be accepted/would produce the desired outcome/wouldn’t be misconstrued as a come-on.

There may be cartographic indiscretions!

[quote=phryne]This is something I’ve been asking myself for a while, as I wasn’t around then: did the SS backers have any say about what kind of place would be named after them or was it a complete surprise?

Adding to that, there will probably be need for a few new (underwater) place-names in Zubmariner. Since there’s no Kickstarter this time, have the devs decided yet how they will go about naming them?

(Of course, the second question is a roundabout way of asking whether there’s any way I can get my name on the map?) ;)[/quote]

We’re all going to load up the game one day and discover the newly renamed island of Polyphryne.