Questions on Curses, Scions, and Piracy

I know from experience that it’s possible to lose your family to infidelity (Romancing your crew) and keep your Scion. I’m wondering if it’s possible to use this to cheat Salt’s curse and keep your Scion since you no longer have a family for Salt to kill off? I’ve been afraid to test this because I fear salt’s curse more than anything else in the game.

That brings me to the next Question, Do you have to renew your Scion with each new Captain or do you keep the trait forever once you’ve got one? I’ve been playing it safe and making sure to create a Scion with each new Captain.

Next, Stone’s Curse, How do you even get it? and what does it do?

Finally Piracy. It’s almost impossible at the moment. Are there any plans to add weapons that can kill off the crew with minimal hull damage? I remember talk about spraying the opposing ship with Irrigo, which would likely require fluke cores for ammunition to keep it from being overpowered, and the idea of having the Irrepressible Cannoneer board the opposing ship while wearing the Heartmetal Suit. Or is there any current way to actually capture a ship other than pure dumb luck?

If scion = 1, salt’s curse makes it 0.

the other two curses do nothing.

scion is persistent unless salt kills it.

piracy. no idea. one would hope so.

I’ve actually finally figured Storm’s curse out. It makes individual crew members go insane with rage. Sometimes if you can talk them down it will end Storm’s curse. Stone is still a mystery to me though.

Do you by any chance remember the name of the event or any of the actions? I don’t see a single event that uses storm’s or stone’s curse anywhere in the system. There are a handful which set it, and a handful which take it away, but none that appear to trigger from it.

Sounds like Storm’s Attention, not Storm’s Curse.

Yup, That old fury. Would make sense.

Yeah that’s storm’s attention.

Stones curse you can only get by

desecrating the dark room at Frostfound and getting lucky and getting the result that gives Stone’s Curse. Like Storm’s curse it doesn’t appear to do anything.

[quote=Rilauven]
Finally Piracy. It’s almost impossible at the moment. Are there any plans to add weapons that can kill off the crew with minimal hull damage? I remember talk about spraying the opposing ship with Irrigo, which would likely require fluke cores for ammunition to keep it from being overpowered, and the idea of having the Irrepressible Cannoneer board the opposing ship while wearing the Heartmetal Suit. Or is there any current way to actually capture a ship other than pure dumb luck?[/quote]

Piracy has been discussed at length but it appears it has not yet been implemented. I’ve finally had a change to test it myself and have made a post about it, but given the multitude of other posts on the subject (not testing it, but just questioning how it works) I would assume it is coming in a future update.

[li]