Question on Wrecking Mechanics

So you can both go lure victims to Wrack and warn them away. Luring gets you scrap for Tether tasting and warning gets you a small pittance of a echoes. Do either of these actually affect the city? There seems to be some kind of status saying &quotWrack in in want&quot which seems to hint that you can help or the city prosper or hurt it, but it doesn’t seem to change one war or the other when I lure a bunch of victims or warn them away.

Edit: So, now that I’m paying more attention, I see that there is a numerical value attached. The option that opens shop access says &quotavailable when < 16 (you have 7)&quot When warning victims, it says it remains unchanged because it’s < 10, and when luring victims it remains unchanged because it’s > 6. Is this a bug? A feature yet to be fully implemented? Did I somehow miss an event that stuck it this way?
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/17/2016

As you lure more wrecks to Wrack the shop there improves in variety / prices, as well as scrap from the king that you can swap for tastes of the tether.

The thing is, it HASN’T been changing at all. No matter how many wrecks I lure.

The thing is, it HASN’T been changing at all. No matter how many wrecks I lure.[/quote]
There is a number and a level associated with it. The number may change when the level title does not. It may still be in want at a variety of numbers.

Also if you’re warning ships off as well, that harms your progress.

The thing is, it HASN’T been changing at all. No matter how many wrecks I lure.[/quote]
There is a number and a level associated with it. The number may change when the level title does not. It may still be in want at a variety of numbers.

Also if you’re warning ships off as well, that harms your progress.[/quote]

The number is stuck at 7 no matter what I do. For both luring and warning I get the &quotHasn’t changed because value is greater than/less than&quot message. Is it an RNG issue? Kind of like how turning Vital Information in to the Voracious Diplomat has a chance of either incrementing Supremacy Dawn Machine by 1, or only incrementing by 1 if less than 1? Is there some other quest thing I did somewhere that puts it in some numerical dead zone where it can never increase or decrease?

Has anyone else actually pushed the quality to either extreme?

Okay, I think I figured it out by looking at the files. From what I can tell, saving ships lowers the quality by 2 when at least 10. Sinking ships raises the quality by -1 to 3 when at least 8. In other words, I’m guessing you did things in some order that the quality ended up at 8 and you then hit the -1 possibility, sticking you at 7. I’m guessing the chance of a negative outcome is unintended.

Ah, thank you.