Quarantine

I failed to engage with a new Mutton Island story line and now the whole port is inaccessible to me, other than routine port reports. This does not appear to be Zubmariner content, as near as I can tell. Will it remain inaccessible indefinitely/until my next captain? Have I locked myself out of all Mutton Island stories? Or is there something I can do to end the blockade?

Unfortunately, it seems so. I am not sure there is a “correct” choice that don’t make the port inaccessible.

What story do you mean?

As far as I know, the blockade is permanent. Apparently the Royal Navy is bl___y terrible at its job.

Aye, for the moment it’s a dead port. Of course, I’m sure we’ll be getting a story expanding or even resolving the situation in a month or so (I also have a weird feeling that all this may play a role in next month’s exceptional story…just a hunch though, that’s all).

For me, the Fruits of the Zea festival happened, then the town was mysteriously abandoned. No blockade or anything.[li]
edited by th8827 on 10/17/2016

Isn’t it their job to blockade things? :P

What’s this new Mutton island storyline? I don’t think I’ve seen anything new there.

Visit there several times, and a new story triggers.

From what I can tell, there are several different possible stories, involving the Navy or the Khanate or the Festival/Seekers.

[quote=th8827]Visit there several times, and a new story triggers.

From what I can tell, there are several different possible stories, involving the Navy or the Khanate or the Festival/Seekers.[/quote]
Maybe I misunderstood, but OP said he failed to start some kind of story on Mutton Island and -then- it was blockaded?

When you visit Mutton Island, you will notice that there is a Time Passing quality, which was not there previously.

Each visit increases this (I think(, and once it gets high enough, the next visit will trigger a new story.

The OP got the Navy storyline, and I got the Festival storyline.

Based on the quality’s mouseover, it implies that there is a Khanate invasion storyline, too.

I don’t know if there is a success/failure possibility, but I seemed to have failed the festival miserably, with no logical options that I could figure out for success…

I’ve gotten one with the dawn machine taking over and one with the khanate taking over.

[quote=th8827]When you visit Mutton Island, you will notice that there is a Time Passing quality, which was not there previously.

Each visit increases this (I think(, and once it gets high enough, the next visit will trigger a new story.

Based on the quality’s mouseover, it implies that there is a Khanate invasion storyline, too.

I don’t know if there is a success/failure possibility, but I seemed to have failed the festival miserably, with no logical options that I could figure out for success…[/quote]
If we’re talking about that, then no, they all &quotfail&quot, and I think normal Time Passing increases it. I got it when I had barely visited the island before.

There’s also one about cannibals.

Second time around, I got the Fruits of the Zee version. It does have a storylet for swapping zee-stories for tales of terror, but then, I’m usually more interested in the reverse trade. They mentioned something interesting about a deal with the Fathomking. I’m assuming they all became drownies.

If my captains keep croaking at a steady rate, I expect to see every variation, eventually.

[quote=th8827]When you visit Mutton Island, you will notice that there is a Time Passing quality, which was not there previously.

I don’t know if there is a success/failure possibility, but I seemed to have failed the festival miserably, with no logical options that I could figure out for success…[/quote]

I don’t think I got any of those.

I just had the text for the port report gathering switch to something like &quotoh no, nothing interesting going on around here&quot, and apparently lost the ability to wander the shore with SAY. I can visit the top of the hill, but it just mentions how they apparently boarded up their well (and added a convenient bench to the hill top). It doesn’t seem like much of a storyline, and it feels like I missed something important.

This port is closed to me too. It happened quite interestingly:
I entered port and noticed that no one was around anymore. Got an option to investigate and found out that the whole population was inside tavern having a big party. In the center of the activity was a human corpse that everyone seemed to enjoy eating. I got an option to flee or participate (i had the peckish quality from Church of Light). After that I left the port and it was blockaded right after that. The whole affair was disturbing.