Profession Help

I’m trying to choose which profession my character should go in. He has been in the Watcher profession for a while now, but I think it’s time for a change of pace. The two I’m trying to choose between are Correspondent and Glassman. He is in the Neath for revenge for his daughter. His main qualities are Watchful and Shadowy, but is flexible. Which should I get?

Both of them are excellent. Maybe Correspondent if you’re wanting to raise your Watchful? It’s a 4 point increase over the Ratwork Watch, which is pretty nice, and it’s also a +6 increase over the best Persuasive item. You’ll keep getting Legal items in your payment as well, which might be useful.

Yeah, the problem is I can’t figure out which fits his character better. In my head, he’s completely ruthless, but has been becoming more of a philanthropist in the Neath (Unaware of this bit, however). He is completely capable and willing to be cruel, and wants a job with no one controlling him in some way. The Crooked Crosses serve the Anti-Church, the Midnighters serve the Game, the Licentiate serves the List Written in Gant, and the Monster-Hunter serves his need to survive against the greatest monsters. Most of these also do not serve his own needs (Save for Licentiate, for murdering skills).

Glassmen serve whatever rules in Parabola, to an extent. The Correspondent serves the Correspondence. During the last Christmas event, there was a rather interesting point made regarding independence: all the most interesting professions involve serving someone, whereas the two least interesting (Doctor and Notary) are completely independent.

And, um, could you change the name of this thread to “Professional Help”? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

. . .
An interesting point. One I have. . . overlooked. He will serve someone, from the inside out. . .
But, I do believe he shall become a Glassman. To scour out new paths in Parabola, and travel through the mirrors like a Sorrow Spider.
And he shall exact pains much worse than the Sorrow Spiders.

And how do I change the name of the thread? If I know, I shall be glad to help.

[quote=Steven Robinson]. . .
An interesting point. One I have. . . overlooked. He will serve someone, from the inside out. . .
But, I do believe he shall become a Glassman. To scour out new paths in Parabola, and travel through the mirrors like a Sorrow Spider.
And he shall exact pains much worse than the Sorrow Spiders.

And how do I change the name of the thread? If I know, I shall be glad to help.[/quote]

[li]
We don’t know; we haven’t created a thread before. Which is kind of sad, now that we think about it. Regardless, if the feat is impossible then we cannot demand it of you.

A shame. I am tired, so I am not at full mental capacity. Why did you want me to change it to that?
And, if I may send you an Acquaintance request?

[quote=Steven Robinson]A shame. I am tired, so I am not at full mental capacity. Why did you want me to change it to that?
And, if I may send you an Acquaintance request?[/quote]

[li]
Of course you may.

Mainly we were asking because we have a slight obsession with rhythm in writing. Also, Professional Help is a pun.

Aye, a good one. I have chosen to become a Correspondent, by the way. And, I have sent the request!
You are quite the interesting individual. I am He Who Lives in Both.
I look forward to working with you.