Prepping for Polythreme

So, I have a complete map for a while now, and I’m about to head out to Polythreme. Any suggestions on things to bring along?

The only thing you’ll really need is luck and decent stats. The only thing that is really worth buying can be ground while in the colony and you’ll still have access to the Bazaar so you should be all set. Best of luck!

Actually, there is ONE thing you should try to do beforehand: If you’re doing the Jack case or an ambition that goes to Polythreme (Or both), go ahead and get those ready before you head out. It takes TWO zee voyages to hit Polythreme, so try and get as much done as you can in a single trip.

…As someone who’s already halfway across the Sea of Voices for the Jack-of-Smiles case, was there anything I was supposed to bring beisdes being at the appropriate point in the story to go to Polythreme? I didn’t see anything but I admit I may not have been paying the best attention.

My Dangerous only gets above 120 when I’m in full kit, so I haven’t started the Jack case yet. As for Nemesis, I’m gather honey for some dreaming currently, but wanted to take a break.

can help converting any Silk Scrap over to surface silk ahead of time.

You may also want to get the Exceptional Hat and the Battered Grey Overcoat, if you want the Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat(assuming PoSI).
edited by Endy on 6/1/2012

[quote=Felicity Chase]
…As someone who’s already halfway across the Sea of Voices for the Jack-of-Smiles case, was there anything I was supposed to bring beisdes being at the appropriate point in the story to go to Polythreme? I didn’t see anything but I admit I may not have been paying the best attention.[/quote]

No, for the Jack of Smiles case, nothing special is needed in Polythreme to proceed besides the right stats and cash to do the usual Polythreme cycles.