Preparing for SMEN

Having exhausted most of what FL has to offer I have decided to embark upon SMEN. The end is near alas. But before I fully destroy myself I want to make some final preparations.
I’m aware of the candle that needs 12 notability which is what I’m grinding for at the moment. But what are the requirements for the other candles? The wiki does not have much to say at the moment.
So what other things should I do before I end the Angry Pirate?

[quote=The Angry Pirate]Having exhausted most of what FL has to offer I have decided to embark upon SMEN. The end is near alas. But before I fully destroy myself I want to make some final preparations.
I’m aware of the candle that needs 12 notability which is what I’m grinding for at the moment. But what are the requirements for the other candles? The wiki does not have much to say at the moment.
So what other things should I do before I end the Angry Pirate?[/quote]
Well, first of all… Don’t go in expecting to move fast. (And don’t worry about notability 12, yet- you need a quite high seeking count for that.) Your first week’s marsh-mired probably should be used early, to avoid having to utterly obliviate your stats or scholar of the correspondence.

The cheap option to progress is [winking isle.] Sure, it demands you have 0 of quite a few item types, including money but that’s trivial in comparison to 1000 echoes per level, as it gets to be around lv. 20. unfortunately, that’s irrevocably locked until you have Seeking 12, and partially locked after that, since you still need a calling card from eaten to go. At this point the trip won’t be possible until you have Seeking 29, to buy your own card. (7 searing enigmas, exactly [XX:XX] proscribed materials.)

The next best is appling secrets 77*SMEN LV for each level of seeking- but with a watchful challenge- and one you cannot use second chances on. To hit level 28 for me- as someone with watchful at 266 with gear- would cost me 67,212 appaling secrets, on average, or 480,500 cryptic clues. If you had an entire goat in the form of clues, that would be 82% of a goat. it would cost 1.5 goats worth of supplies to buy the needed clues from the bazaar.

There are things to mitigate it- each candle is its own type, and each gives one point SMEN. But that only lets you skip three levels.

That said, here are the early ones’ costs:
Arthur’s candle: gather 7 weeping scars, 7 memories of chains, 7 stains on your soul. then perform 7 new betrayal options- fastest done with midnight matriarchs, cheapest done with searing enigmas and one other item cost- iff you can find people who’ll accept the social action.
Beau’s candle: All your lodgings, or all your favors and connecions and renown.
Cerise’s candle: overgoat, short story, noman, 7 fluke cores, or your daughter, from a certain mediocre fate-locked storyline. your choice.

The other option, if this is all beyond your means, is to use the unaccountably peckish card’s marsh-mired locked options to level up. it’s only one-a-week, and it’s not exactly completely safe still, but it can theoretically get you all the way to 28. of course, this’d be at one progress a week, so it’d take nearly 7 months to get to winking isle. Still, it’s a usable option.

for more detail, here’s a link to spacemarine9’s guide General Seeking Progression As It Stands, Right Now, As Far As I’m Aware (Hopefully) - I was a candle
edited by Grenem on 6/18/2016

Ah, we found the A and B candles of New-SMEN? Or do there requirements are a guess from Old-SMEN?

They were found. Beau is the same as before; Arthur has a new progress quality and requires seven betrayals. The cards for scars, stains, and chains are all now force-drawn.