At the Gant Pole, the Fading Haruspex finds answers in dying flesh. Of course, these answers are all meaningful. I’ve compiled all the possible outcomes here, alongside what they relate to. There are a few I’m not sure about so any insights would be appreciated.
The Seven against Nidah
- "They were seven and they shall be seven again. Their names may change but the number remains."[/li][li]"The names of the heirs to Nidah will begin with M, A, R, I - which is rebellion." Rosina isn’t one of the required members and Mariam is replaced by the player, so this isn’t technically accurate. Sounds better than anything with A, B, E, and I.[/li][li]"They yearn for it: Liberty, Equality, Eternity."[/li][li]"They are only mortal. They suffer too: Vitality, Infirmity, Fatality."[/li][li]"The Soldier fled, and smothered himself in freedom." This refers to Batuk.[/li][li]"The one they fear waits in a pale cavern. The walls are carved with prophecies." This seems to refer to Mariam.
- "The wound reopens; the flesh will not heal. Bring them your remorse."
- "Beware Anthe. It will change you. You will be sharp, keen as a knife’s edge."
- "The preacher travels to the bell tower. The bell, it- Oh god. That’s horrid."
- "Freedom is fragile. The beast will wake." This seems to refer to a storyline from an older version of Nook, removed because it involved characters actually talking.[/li][li]"The Salted will rise above the waves. They will find only their graves." Nook is the only place referring to the Salted, but it’s not clear to me exactly what they are.
- "There is a question waiting. It travelled in a ship long wreck’d. Find it." This seems to refer to the currently-unimplemented Cargo of Answers content.
- "Wheels turn within wheels; a king yearns for your hand." This refers to the tether-tastings content.[/li][li]"There shall be a new horizon. All shall know it - but the king’s city will witness it first." This seems to refer to Sunless Skies - thus "all shall know it" - which has some teaser content in Wrack.
- "One joins us below. The trespasser does not surface." This seems to be for a ship sinking.[/li][li]"A question will not go unanswered indefinitely." This can be read as both about the Haruspex’s own storyline and SMEN.[/li][li]"An ancient beast wakes when the trespasser’s light pierces the abyss. The trespasser shall never know peace; only terror." The Eye.
- "The beast is tethered - but not forever. Refuge comes to London." Refuge and the beast both sound like Hideaway, but it’s not clear to me.[/li][li]"Beneath the waves, two cities live. They grow. They hunger." It’s not clear which cities this refers to, if any of the Zubmariner ports. Possible contenders include Aigul, Nook, Wrack, and Hideaway but none quite fit.[/li][li]"The dream is great and ancient. It is fuelled by deeds of horror; none will have strength to deny it." Nook features a great and ancient dream, but that doesn’t fit the second part.
edited by Optimatum on 10/20/2016