Polythreme ho! (and other questions)

I have, of late become more concerned with taking a path that locks me out the rest of it (being that there’s not too much content left, and there are some things I’ve already missed out on). So with the spoiler warnings thoroughly ignored…

1. Unfinished story: what are the results/rewards for helping or turning in the unfinished man? (do ether of them offer longer story paths?)

2. Clothes Colony: where does one acquire a battered grey overcoat?

3. Jack’s end: I can’t bear to ether let jack go or to let the mystery go unsolved, I think I’ve resolved to pay fate. That will let me follow both paths I believe, right?

4. Making your report: This story seems pretty short and ends here, but I’m curious what kind of rewards are available? Has anyone followed those paths? What did you get form whom you reported your spyings?

5. Finishing your travelogue: Similarly, but here I’m a little more conflicted about the truth of it. I’m still so perpexed with the place I can’t decide if it’s a horror or a wonder. Were there any special rewards for choosing one way to depict it over another?

6. Iron republic: I’ve got a bottle of safe passage, is this usable only once? Most things in bottles are consumable. Is there anything I should know or be ready for when I go there? (also, it’s a colony of hell right? What cologne is in fashion? Something brimstone or sulfur, or do the devils find that a bit cliched?)

7. What is the 4rd city Airag for? Right now it just seems to be smelling bad in my inventory.

8. Has anyone purchased hesperian cider? What’s it like? Does it transform your understanding? Does it taste like the heat death of the universe or the distilled essence of moonlight?

1. Helping him results in an interesting, though not unmissably impressive, pet. I don’t know what turning him in results in.

2. The Bazaar.

3. I think it would be more strictly accurate to say that the Fate path combines the best parts of both paths into a single reward, rather than letting you follow both paths in detail.

4 & 5) Don’t recall off the top of my head; sorry!

1. It is reusable - I don’t know why it’s a bottle of something rather than some sort of document or stamp. If you go there, expect… unpredictability, like a metaphysical maze of shifting walls and sudden falls.

2. Its only practical use, that I know of, is in one of the Ambitions, but not one I’m pursuing.

3. It is impossible for anyone to have yet earned enough money to purchase Cider conventionally. Someone did earn a bottle through backing the Silver Tree Kickstarter, but I am not them and cannot tell you more.

Thanks for your help… seems like I’ll have to make a trip back to London for an overcoat then, ah well. And to check on the cider price, I had thought it was similar to overgoat price, but… I guess I might have filed it as ‘way too expensive’ and left it at that.

I wish! I’ve more than enough for an Overgoat, but Cider would cost almost ten times my entire fortune.

Do not set out to Zee. You can access the Bazaar in Polythreme. I hope I am not too late with this message.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/17/2012

1. Reporting to the Revolutionaries or to the Brass Embassy will provide a slight boost to their Connected quality on top of the standard reward. The text for reporting to the Masters hints that they may show their appreciation in the future, but no such reward is forthcoming. Note that you can repeatedly spy as many times as you like, and doing so can be quite lucrative.
  2. The more enthusiastic you are in your report, the higher your “Mired in Clay” quality will become, which tracks how friendly you have been to Clay Men. This quality was also affected by your quest for the Comtessa, so this may be a chance to change it if you like. However, I do not believe that this quality currently affects any other stories.

My husband has over 35,000 Echoes (yes, 35,000 Echoes, he’s done some serious money grinding) but he’s still far short of what he’d need for a flask of Hesperidian Cider.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Do not set out to Zee. You can access the Bazaar in Polythreme. I hope I am not too late with this message.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/17/2012[/quote]

You mean “cannot” access the Bazaar from Polythreme, right? If memory serves me, you can’t grind inventory items (e.g., turning Whispered Secrets into Cryptic Clues, etc.) in Polythreme either.

[quote=Catherine Raymond]
You mean “cannot” access the Bazaar from Polythreme, right? If memory serves me, you can’t grind inventory items (e.g., turning Whispered Secrets into Cryptic Clues, etc.) in Polythreme either.[/quote]

You can access the bazaar, but cannot use items. Last I checked, anyhow - might have changed since then.

indeed you can go to the bazaar in Polythreme (how is that place pronounced anyway?), thanks for the tip, it saved me a trip cause I doubt I would have checked otherwise. but alas, you can’t grind your items up while there.