PoC Character List

I was thinking that I know that there’s a ton of PoC (people of color) characters in Fallen London, but I could only think of about five at the top of my head. Would anyone be interested in helping me make a list? I am looking for humans who aren’t white, specifically.

• Fallen London[/li][li]The Implacable Detective[/li][li]The Gracious Widow[/li][li]Feducci[/li][li]The Acclaimed Beauty[/li][li]The Presbyterate Adventuress[/li][li]The Presbyterate Diplomat[/li][li]Chi-Lan[/li][li]The Repentant Forger[/li][li]The Keen-Eyed Lapidary[/li][li]The Itinerant Physician[/li][li]Bishop of Fiacre[/li][li]Esmeralda and Rose (The Kashmir Princess)[/li][li]Mr. Inch[/li][li]Iseury (The King’s Claw)[/li][li]July[/li][li]The Red-Robed Monk[/li][li]Enfranchised Anchoress[/li][li]The Third Assassin[/li][li]The Manager of the Royal Bethlehem[/li][li]The King of a Hundred Hearts[/li][li]The Enthusiastic Urchin[/li][li]The Bristling Financier[/li][li]Elder Continent citizens[/li][li]Four Cities Survivors[/li][li]The Ascetic Parliamentarian[/li][li]A Finger-Wagging Parliamentarian[/li][li]The Imperturbable Spymaster[/li][li]The Head of the French Network[/li][li]The Tattooed Courier’s paramour[/li][li]Dr. Orthos
  • Sunless Sea[/li][li]The Dark-Spectacled Admiral[/li][li]The Dapper Chap[/li][li]The Likely Lass[/li][li]The Brisk Campaigner[/li][li]Mr. Bultitude[/li][li]The Consumptive Cryptozoologist

[ul][li] The Duchess[/li][/ul]

edited by Marianne Anders on 9/13/2016
edited by Marianne Anders on 9/13/2016
edited by Marianne Anders on 9/16/2016

Nice idea, but I had to google what PoC even means! I don’t think that acronym is very well known outside the US… ;)

The Presbyterate Adventuress
The Presbyterate Diplomat
Chi-Lan

The Repentant Forger.
The Keen-Eyed Lapidary.
Bishop of Fiacre (externally, at least?)
Esmeralda and Rose (the Kashmiri Princess)
Mr Inch
Isery
July
The Red-Robed Monk
Enfranchised Anchoress + the Third Assassin

Literally all Snuffers (sort of a reddish brown)
Literally all the Clothes-Colonies (Every dye they can find)
Millicent Clathermont (Irrigo)
Presumably all the Masters (a leathery brown fur, perhaps?)
Literally all the Blemmigans (purple)
Literally all the Rubbery people (in many shades of green)

I’m sure I’ve forgotten to mention plenty.
edited by Curious Foreigner on 9/2/2016

And her sister, the Itinerant Physician!
The Manager of the Royal Beth.
The Enthusiastic Urchin, of the Knotted Sock, if memory serves.
The Brisk Campaigner, though she hasn’t appeared in FL proper yet - just Sunless Sea.
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 9/2/2016

The Bristling Financier
edited by Kukapetal on 9/2/2016

I think everyone from the Elder Continent, which includes several folks already listed.

Anyone from the first four cities, and their descendants, as London was the first one from Europe. That includes at least one or two of the relickers.

[quote=Kukapetal]The Bristling Financier
edited by Kukapetal on 9/2/2016[/quote]

Honestly, the Bristling Financier (along with a whole lot of other people that share his avatar) just seems like a white dude in a dark environment to me.

Picture for reference:

Look to the picture’s left side and you’ll see how white his skin is when under proper lighting.

If we are including all chap4s, I’mma gonna bring more:
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]the Ascetic Parliamentarian[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]A Finger-wagging Parliamentarian[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]The Imperturbable Spymaster[/color]
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 9/2/2016
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 9/2/2016

I believe the head of the french network also counts towards this list.

The Dark-Spectacled Admiral (though only players of Sunless sea really work with him)

The Tattooed Courier’s paramour.

I’m so glad this list is being started!

The others above have listed the ones I’ve met so far but I just wanted to say, as a WOC, that I appreciate the game for having many significant characters of color.

Dr. Orthos. Though if memory serves me right, he shares the same profile as Mr. Inch.

Dr. Orthos and Mr. Inch actually have different pics:

Dr. Orthos: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallenlondon/images/7/74/Gent4.png/revision/latest?cb=20101208050250

Mr. Inch: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallenlondon/images/7/74/Inch.png/revision/latest?cb=20110214014622

Are we counting Tiger Keeper as Person of Colour? Because, well, he is most definitely a person, and he is coloured

Boring but regrettably necessary answer: no, because “person of colour” is a term with an important real-world meaning, which shouldn’t be applied willy-nilly to fanciful talking tigers. When we’re talking about a fictional work representing the diversity of its audience, well, there are no real-world talking tigers to represent. Would that there were, but there are not.

Also, while I’m sure it’s quite accidental, referring to a person as “coloured”, unqualified, unfortunately evokes antiquated language that is now regarded as a slur.

I apologize, that was definitelly not my intention. I was simply trying to make a joke, but it obviously wasn’t as clever as it sounded in my head. I will delete my reply if that is asked of me.

[quote=Kukapetal]Dr. Orthos and Mr. Inch actually have different pics:

Dr. Orthos: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallenlondon/images/7/74/Gent4.png/revision/latest?cb=20101208050250

Mr. Inch: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallenlondon/images/7/74/Inch.png/revision/latest?cb=20110214014622[/quote]

Ah, I knew I was remembering things wrong. It must be those top hats that threw me off. Thanks, Kuka.