Pneumatic Ratsender Stacking

Is there any reason to have more than one pneumatic ratsender? I accidentally bought another one and noticed the stack in the slot for them for the ship loadout.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a line of ratsenders on the side of the ship, turning it into a sort of Rattus Rail Gun, the furry equivalent of the Icarus in Black…

Rattus in Red?

But no, no bonus on multiple ratsenders.

Rats.

Rats.[/quote]

QUALITY PUN 10/10

[quote=Rocket Heeled Jack]Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a line of ratsenders on the side of the ship, turning it into a sort of Rattus Rail Gun, the furry equivalent of the Icarus in Black…

Rattus in Red?

But no, no bonus on multiple ratsenders.[/quote]

There’s actually no point in the Ratsender at all - it’s only the individual Rattus Faber assistants that you actually need.

Rattus Faber assistants work with or without the Ratsender - making the Ratsender a completely useless purchase. I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been fixed or removed yet, considering how long this has been the case and how many updates there have been.

You can of course purchase as many Rattus Faber assistants as you want, since they don’t take up space. But save your money on the Ratsender.

On a side note, does anyone here use it / can vouch for it? I have always viewed it as a necessity based on how combat used to be in the game. Nowadays though Ive found outmaneuvering and kiting to be much a much better option and would rather have less mouths to feed and a faster ship :D

[quote=the truthseeker][quote=EvilSquid][quote=Rocket Heeled Jack]Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a line of ratsenders on the side of the ship, turning it into a sort of Rattus Rail Gun, the furry equivalent of the Icarus in Black…

Rattus in Red?

But no, no bonus on multiple ratsenders.[/quote]

There’s actually no point in the Ratsender at all - it’s only the individual Rattus Faber assistants that you actually need.

Rattus Faber assistants work with or without the Ratsender - making the Ratsender a completely useless purchase. I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been fixed or removed yet, considering how long this has been the case and how many updates there have been.

You can of course purchase as many Rattus Faber assistants as you want, since they don’t take up space. But save your money on the Ratsender.[/quote]

It never ceases to amaze me how people who don’t bother to completely learn the game properly speak with absolute knowledge on fixing what works as intended.

The Pneumatic Ratsender decreases the cooldown time between multiple Rattus Faber Assistants from three seconds to instantaneously. This was even discussed in a prior topic here.
I however noticed the Sunless Sea wiki’s description for the Caminus Yards Pneumatic Ratsender did not list the &quotCreating Pneumatic Delivery&quot description of this, so I’ve updated that sub-entry.

And for any people asking why a compressed air tube causes it to speed up so much, I couldn’t have described it any better than this posting.
edited by the truthseeker on 10/18/2015[/quote]

The game does not make it clear that the cool down is reduced to zero. It only says &quotPneumatic delivery +1&quot.

I find that early game. The rats are too expensive, but I can see how someone with more disposable income can benefit from rapid repairs mid combat. They would be especially useful on bigger, slower ships.

Folks, there’s no need to be rude - if you’re in a position to correct someone’s misapprehensions, that should be a cause for delight, not snarkiness.

Anyhow, my take on the Ratsender: if you’re in the early game with a slower/weaker ship, but want to get more into combat and take more risks anyway, it’s not a bad tool to have as a little insurance.

Directly from the game: &quotIn combat, this can deploy Rattus Faber assistants for quicker repairs.&quot

Directly from the game: &quotIn combat, this can deploy Rattus Faber assistants for quicker repairs.&quot[/quote]

What I didn’t know was that you could use rattus fabers without the ratsender.