Plotting Against the Masters

…or so I wish I were. Logically this would be an independent endeavour but it doesn’t appear to be. How do I get this quality? I’d like to become an enforcer, and I have the required amount of Connected: Revolutionaries, but not that quality. Alternatively, I also have the required amount of Connected: Criminals but I chose to side with the Last Constable at the last moment and therefore don’t have the &quotFavouring the Cheery Man&quot quality, either. I’m levelcapped for all 4 stats so perhaps I’m no longer allowed to get either quality?[li]

From what I know, you can obtain this through an opportunity card - I keep getting them at 45 Shadowy - where the anarchists want to commission me for something. Accepting their offer would give you Plotting Against the Masters.

Tranquilled,

I’ve run into the exact same situation.
To get the Enforcer profession you indeed need one of:

1. Criminals path: &quotFavouring the Cheery Man&quot
  2. Revolutionaries path: &quotPlotting Against the Masters&quot.

Since choosing between the Cheery Man and the Last Constable is a very early choice (usually in the first or second day of entering Fallen London!) no one making this choice can be aware of any long term implications to this. So I assume that 50% of players chose the Last Constable and so can only get the Enforcer profession via the Revolutionaries path.

But here’s the sad part: The only way to get the Plotting Against the Masters quality is via the &quotA commission from anarchists&quot opportunity card, which stops showing once your Shadowy quality is too high (the wiki says this card is available for Shadowy range of 45-75).

So, unless you can get your Shadowy down to 75, you’re locked out of the Enforcer profession. This is the only profession such locked as far as I know.

I’ve send a bug report on this and got the following response from Alexis:

So, it doesn’t appear that this will change anytime soon.
I, for one, found a tier 3 profession which suited my character better. Hope you find one too.
edited by dov on 11/4/2013

[li]
But don’t you have to be a Enforcer first in order to rank up to Murderer?

[quote=randomperson ][quote=dov]
I’ve send a bug report on this and got the following response from Alexis:

But don’t you have to be a Enforcer first in order to rank up to Murderer?[/quote]
I believe so.
Alexis did say it’s subject to review. I’ve decided not to pursue it further, since I preferred Agent to Murderer.[li]