Playtesting and Announcements -Elemental Tango-

I had an announcement thread but I guess it got deleted… oh well I will add announcements here.

I will be releasing Elemental Tango no later than December 21st but will be working on it a lot after the competition, so hopefully I will release it sooner and will definitely have playtesting before then. I don’t know if I will have open playtesting or not this time though, since I may have a flood of players if I do that, which kind of defeats the purpose of playtesting. Now a blurb that will probably be close to what the sign in page says:

Elemental Tango is a story that puts you in control, where you will live through the events foretold by the Mayan Calendar, albeit not as sudden as society thought. You will discover the ancient Alchemical powers that have always been hidden within you, either mastering them or ignoring them until your hand is forced to embrace your true potential as the world crumbles around you, and you become the most influential person society knows. Will you use your powers to try and save society or hasten destruction? Will you leave society in ruin or rebuild it as you see fit? Will you carry the world alone or with friends? The answers are all up to you. Elemental Tango is intended for mature audiences because of violence, societal destruction, and very bothersome writing.
edited by Kitsune on 10/16/2012

Now that we’ve turned monetization on, worlds like this one that have playtesting threads can request if they’re ready.

You can work out whether a world is ready for monetizing here:

http://bit.ly/SNHowToLetPeopleSpendMoneyOnYourWorld

Man, I actually had to go to the second page of the forum to bring this back to life…haha Anyways, UPDATE!

Hey all, Yes I am alive and have been slowly working on Elemental Tango within SN. I have everything written out outside of the platform so it is just a matter of translating everything over. We are roughly three weeks out from when I will launch the main story and a few side arks, just to get the ball rolling. I have a lot of good ideas and have many plans for special events at certain times, plus a slew of content written out for ET.

That being said, it will ideally be pretty impossible for people to rush through my story with the amount of content I will be rolling out over the next few weeks and the limit on actions now, even before playtesting! I am still waiting and hoping a few kinks on the FBG end will be worked out before then, mainly the issue I am having with BasicAbility qualities as they are a key component of ET, but there will definitely be a game to play on December 21st, with expanding content for quite a while to come.

On to what is to come! So, over the next three weeks, I will be translating writing into the SN build and plan on getting a Facebook page up soon. From now until December 14th, new players will be able to access Syn but as of December 14th (or 15th overseas), Syn will be locked off to new players to allow a clean transition to Elemental Tango for those people that are already playing Syn. I have options for both the most dedicated of players and players that only zoomed through Syn in place to embark on this massive journey, so no one will be left out! Essentially, people who played and tested Syn will be able to start about a week earlier than new players, because new players won’t be able to start Elemental Tango until I launch it, in theory you ( EDIT, since two new players appeared since I first wrote this :-p: all 452 players, 449 active o.O) will essentially be my playtesters for Elemental Tango. Aside from this though, I won’t be announcing anything different than being able to play on December 21st publicly so you forum folk will take priority!

Alright, I think that covers everything… an access code will be along shortly (hopefully) in my feedback thread to bump that and to reward those that have already played with a very useful and beneficial ring, even though you won’t see how until later on in Elemental Tango. Thanks to all that read this and those of you that are watching my progress! :-D
edited by Kitsune on 12/6/2012

All right, as mentioned, I just locked off the gateway to Syn and the next time people log in, things may seem a little different. I have a few more things I want to add before I open up Elemental Tango for playtesting, but I will do so in the next day or two. Some projections:

What [color=#0033ff]is in now[/color]-

[ul][li]The bare bones of the main story arc, up to a freak weather event…[/li][li]Travel between cities, for a price[/li][li]Holidays![/li][li]Seasons[/li][li]Training[/li][li]Exotic Getaways[/li][/ul]What [color=#ff0033]is required for playtesting[/color]-

[ul][li]At least two jobs for income[/li][li]At least two city specific story arcs[/li][/ul]What [color=#ff00ff]will be in by launch[/color]-

[ul][li]The main story ark in it’s entirety[/li][li]All job paths[/li][li]All city specific paths[/li][li]The next level of training[/li][/ul]What [color=#ff99ff]will be added in the next 2 months[/color]-

[ul][li]Legendary Quests[/li][li]Equippable Items[/li][li]Housing Opportunities[/li][li]Choices that reflect the players accomplishments from Syn[/li][li]Whatever you guys ask me to![/li][/ul]Well, there you go. ^_^ I also have a lot of special events planned for certain times of year as well as whenever I get a chance to write them out. I want to get the main parts of the game settled first, though.

Everyone is still alive right? Haha Anyways, sorry about the delay! I ran into some “unexpected behavior” that no one would have been able to deal with except for me, but I’m pretty sure it is fixed now. I pretty much did everything I was planning for playtesting, except that I only have one location specific arc instead of two.

That being said, there is still A LOT of content here and more will be finding it’s way in before the end of the year. I really want you guys to playtest before I launch it, even if I did want to get it published by today, but I would rather have a delayed launch than publicly open a game that doesn’t work. So, yeah! Playtesting is open and I want all kinds of feedback and constructive criticism, mainly on typos and game mechanics.

UPDATE:

[color=#0000ff]What is in now[/color]-

• Everything from my last post [/li][li]Two jobs for income[/li][li]One city specific story arc
  • Main story arc through 2015[/li][li]At least two more job options[/li][li]At least two more city specific arcs[/li][li]The next level of training

[ul][li]Everything from my last post[/li][li]Social Actions[/li][li]The conclusion of the main story[/li][/ul]Thanks again and please post feed back in my other thread and questions about playing or just the game in general here.
edited by Kitsune on 12/21/2012

I don’t have any playable options on “How much did you earn?”. I don’t know what’s wrong, since I can’t see any unlocks on “A small paycheck”.

I fixed that issue, it hadn’t crossed my mind to make a branch for EVERY level of The Free Spirit, but the way I had it set up, I had to.

Okay, now completing March doesn’t bring up the pay storylet, even though the “Payday” quality is set.
Also, the “Quarterly/LPCS Report” card seems to have its frequency set a bit high; I seem to be drawing them almost every time.

These things aside, any content planned for Newtonmas?

Well, at least I don’t feel so bad about being gone for six months if nobody played… I guess that is what I get for un-publishing it! So it seems I need to broadcast this more now. Playtesting is open, let me know if people can’t access it, though they should be able to if they click the link in my signature.

@James (If you are still active) Can you send me your qualities please? I can’t immediately see what the problem is for you not getting your pay but that is why we playtest! The card is coming up so often because I don’t currently have very many cards in that storylet, but that is one of my first steps now that I am back. I (obviously) didn’t have any immediate plans for upcoming Holidays but I do plan to have special storylets in the future.[li]
edited by Kitsune on 6/15/2013

So going back through and exploring ET, I realized I have the gateway for brand new players locked still… If you are a new player and would like to playtest for me, I would greatly appreciate it and you will still get the playtester boost I mentioned earlier, you just have to post your character name on here or in a note and I will give you the quality you need. Otherwise, I will send a lovely mass email out to my 500+ players from before and have a huge playtesting group.[li]
edited by Kitsune on 6/16/2013