Playtest: The Annwn Simulation 1985

[quote=Kir Talmage]Hey there, you have a typo on the (first?) “Unattended horse” card in the Faerie Market punchcard deck

“The horse seems to have no issue with you climbing on, but after a few moments he dashes into the lake, swimming away with a creaking laugh. Treading water, you draw the simple sigil which beings [color=FFCC00][[ should be BRINGS ? ]] [/color]up the Cottingwoods’ database of known fairies.You’re soaked, but now you can tell the Cottingwoods about the Kelpie first hand.”

Also on “Looking for a secret club” , the level increase line says
“You’ve gained 1 x Looking a secret club (new total 2).”
I think you wanted a “for” in there?

Ta!
edited by Kir Talmage on 12/27/2012[/quote]

THANK YOU!

I’ve been mostly delighted so far–I was particularly pleased to find that I was the first to think of naming a character Fflewddur Fflam (because Lloyd Alexander is wonderful), and I’ve fallen rather madly in love with the Bard storylines so far.

I have to say, though, I find the suggestion cards that turn up in the main deck a little obnoxious–they clog up the deck and make actions worth a little bit less. I’d much rather have a pinned card I can consult at will if there’s going to be advice given about where to go next. There when I want it, and not in the way when I don’t.

I like the concept. I think the individual cards need fleshing out with more immersion type text, as unless you lived through 1985 in real world. I confess I did, it might be difficult to enjoy the game.
Also, every deal of the deck gets a card asking for money. This was at first a little annoying but very quickly annoyed me to the point I gave up. This approach would be more acceptable in a complete and polished game that was allowing a trial run. But without more fully realised content, in both text and illustration, it seems a little off. For 10 dollars of my money you would have to give a lot more info and content.

Necro’ing this. Don’t know whether this is still either supported or under development, but some feedback anyway…

…early game is good. The path makes sense even if there are not many interesting choices: quite possible to be both juicer and keeper, for instance. After a day of play, though, it’s rapidly become so that every single card draw is (i) the same and (ii) basically useless: in RL it’s a mugging, the chef and a Lore piece I have seen 100 times already; in Annwn it’s a girdle maker (and I have no clue how to find Fine Cloth), a touring card, and the second ‘changeling’ lore card. Every time…

I really love this game, have been playing it for two days now. Just a couple of things I wanted to share.

One, I NEVER seem to run out of actions, which I like, but I think it might be an error. My actions go down to around 970 at most, them I’ll use a &quotLoremaster&quot card or some of the other real world cards and I will shoot back up to full 1000 actions. Maybe the timer for rechanging actions is broken?

Secondly, and more importntly, I just beat the old man at chess in the simulation. At first I wasn’t sure that you were alluding to what I thought you were. With lines like &quotThe ultimate test of cerebral fitness&quot I suspected, but I wasn’t sure. &quotNo&quot, I thought, &quotHe/She can’t actually know about that song…&quot Then I beat him, and saw the lines &quotMade a hard man humble.&quot Thank you, for knowing about that song. Thank you for making me smile with that allusion. I wanted to let you know, that I GOT IT!

For everyone who doesn’t know what the heck I am talking about, and probably think I am crazy, please see this:

Thanks, Dev. Thank you.

As part of the updates, all storynexus games have unlimited actions now. not a bug!

And I agree, this game was very fun to play. :)