Play-Testing - Sight

So I made a game - Sight | Storynexus.com

It’s complete, but untested, and it’s rather strange. It’s an idea that I’ve had for a while, and I finally got around to making it. I don’t know what else to say about it without giving too much away, except that I’d really like some feedback on it :) Thanks!

Neat. :) I think the pacing struck me as a little strange–I felt that spent as long chasing the thief as I did doing everything else combined, and it’d be nice to see a little more in the way of the worldbreaking, or other memories? And I found the choice to end the thief a bit jarring–I had a couple of ideas about why I might choose to do that, and they were directly opposed to the in-character explanation given. I found that distanced me a bit from the story, since I didn’t know that I was doing it for the IC reasons until after I’d chosen to do it, and then I was distracted with the “that’s not what I meant!” reaction, if that makes sense.

Are you going to do more with the setting? I’m curious to hear more about what and why’s going on.

ETA: the result for picking the “None of your business.” option for gender is a pair of ellipses.

L&c,
F
edited by Torrain on 10/31/2012

Hmm, in hindsight the pacing issue is kind of obvious, but I didn’t see it until now. I may go back and make the ‘End the thief’ choice more ambiguous… out of curiosity what were your thoughts on ending the thief?

I have no immediate plans to do anything else with the setting, but I may do - if I can figure out something to do with it.

(Part of it might be that I failed the first challenge twice–bad luck–which made it go on particularly long.)

Roughly, they were along the lines of "This man thinks the world is broken to allow cosmically important people to succeed, and yet he was able to steal successfully from nearly a dozen of them. There are dozens or hundreds of important people–there have to be, given how many memories he was stealing, and how quickly.

“…so the thief is a man who’s given himself a crusade to assault people and steal fragments of their minds, because he’s sure they’ll go insane and end the world if he doesn’t, even though this hasn’t ever happened yet or if it has happened yet it wasn’t a very problematic thing. That’s not okay. That’s seriously not okay.”

Also, I got four memories, but I can only ever see one, because the Pinned card disappears after the first. Is it meant to be that way?

L&c,
F

The pinned card thing is intentional, though if it has to be asked then I probably need to make that clearer. Thanks for the feedback!

Cool concept! it strikes me as fairly linear though – I think I only had multiple options a couple times in my playthrough.