Pikachu in the Neath (!)

In a sharp turn to a (hopefully less controversial) aspect of Surface influences in the Neath, here is an article about Pokemon Go as written by Failbetter (scroll down a bit)

Hannah Flynn, Failbetter Games (Fallen London, Sunless Sea)[li]What would you do with Pokémon Go?
One idea is a faux documentary that follows Team Rocket on their quest of crime. The player directs the action, and they may or may not catch them all.
Mark, one of our techs who has wonderful ideas, came up with the festival that we’re doing now, actually, Election “We’d go about setting up the Ministry for Pokémon Equality,” he said, within Fallen London. “Where the great minds of the age could debate whether the ancient bloodsport has gone too far. Pokémon are disappearing all over the city, meanwhile, and there’s a strange new rubbery lump recipe being sold in street stalls that has a distinctly sweet and altogether new flavour.’ So that’s standard Fallen London.
I would add a really lovely luscious character creation with lots of different options, because Failbetter are really well known for having a third gender option and it’s a bummer that there isn’t one in Pokémon Go. Lots more colours, and grey hair, because there’s never enough hair colours in Nintendo character creation options.

I think I would like to see a Fallen London layer to it, so if you had the world of Pokémon Go, what would happen if the entire thing was laid over the landscape that we’ve built? There’d be a whole new range of Pokémon. We have an animal in our game called the Bifurcated Owl that can split itself in half. That would be cool.
Haley Uyrus: I think it would have to be that Pikachu would have escaped and gone to Fallen London, and you would follow his story as he discovers what the city is like, which I can only imagine would be epic because you’d have the cheerful Pikachu discovering all the nitty-gritty of London.
And he would bring electricity to Fallen London, because it’s gaslit.

(so that’s why I can’t find exeggcutes around here. I’m trying to not think of how this would utterly upset the balance of power in Pigmote Isle, or how much fuel could be saved on voyages by using it instead of glim-light. And I think we could agree that Nite-brite is the true pokeyman master of the Neath.)[/li]
edited by fortluna on 7/18/2016

Put’s on Trainer Cap (+2 Watchful +2 Dangerous -1 Shadowy +1 Bizarre)

I wanna be Neathy’s best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To breed them is my cause

I will travel across Zee-land
Searchinf far and wide
Each Neathymon to understand
The secrets that’s inside

Neathymon!
Gotta breed em all
It’s you and me
NORTH is my destiny!

Neathymon!
Oh I’m your dead friend
I a world we can’t depend

Neathymon!
A heart untrue
Our secrets will pull us through

You teach me and I’ll stab you
Neathymon!
Gotta breed em all
Yeah!

And then there’s MissingNo, a Pokemon-flavored Mr. Eaten. [li]

NEATHYMON™
Irrigo Version

© 2016 FAILBETTER GAMES ltd.

> NEW GAME

REGINALD:
Heretic!
It’s about d____d time!

REGINALD:
My name is REGINALD.
People tremblingly refer to me as the BISHOP OF SOUTHWARK.

REGINALD:
This world…
…is inhabited far and wide by creatures called DEVILS!

REGINALD:
DEVILS! EVERYWHERE!

REGINALD:
…and NEATHYMON, I suppose.

REGINALD:
For some people, NEATHYMON are pets.
Others use them for battling.
As for myself…

REGINALD:
I study NEATHYMON as instruments of divine vengeance.

REGINALD:
But first, tell me about yourself.
Do you wrestle?

> YES
YES

[quote=Dungerson]NEATHYMON™
Irrigo Version

© 2016 FAILBETTER GAMES ltd.

> NEW GAME

REGINALD:
Heretic!
It’s about d____d time!

REGINALD:
My name is REGINALD.
People tremblingly refer to me as the BISHOP OF SOUTHWARK.

REGINALD:
This world…
…is inhabited far and wide by creatures called DEVILS!

REGINALD:
DEVILS! EVERYWHERE!

REGINALD:
…and NEATHYMON, I suppose.

REGINALD:
For some people, NEATHYMON are pets.
Others use them for battling.
As for myself…

REGINALD:
I study NEATHYMON as instruments of divine vengeance.

REGINALD:
But first, tell me about yourself.
Do you wrestle?

> YES
YES[/quote]
Pretty sure he’d be refereed to as &quotSouthwark&quot, none of the professors have especially normal names, and the game identifies him as that as much as &quotReginald&quot. In fact, considering the version, it’s possible his name is covered in a splotch of irrigo, and so are all other non-titles.
Other than that, it’s pretty much accurate to how he’d bhave.
edited by Grenem on 7/20/2016

New companions for everyone!

Seeker Pikachu though.

Pikachu before, during and after Seeking

edited by Pyrodinium on 7/23/2016

I love this community.

Pikachu before, during and after Seeking

edited by Pyrodinium on 7/23/2016[/quote]

Love those images.

When I first spotted this thread, I misread the title as &quotPikachu in the North(!)&quot Which is sort of what Pyrodinium is depicting here.

The thought of obsessed people going all the way NORTH to catch something amuses me greatly.

Dungerson version of Pokemon was reaaally funny ! It truly felt like the text of one of those games. It’s super effective!