Performance issues

I will preface this by saying that I have a very old computer however I never had any issues running sunless sea.

Right now skies runs somewhat slowly on my computer, especially when doing challenges (it takes several seconds for the success or fail to come up).

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues. Also, is this just because the game is in early access and hasn’t been bug fixes or optimized, or is it due to something else like paralaxing or increased animations.

Bottom line: will my old computer’s performance get better as the game is updated or is skies fundamentally more taxing than seas

Hmm… both Seas and Skies run surprisingly well on my seven-year-old laptop, so I can’t say I have those issues. Occasionally the game will stutter when I come near a new port and the background changes (for example, when I fly near Port Avon and the background changes from purple-ish to blue-ish), but I had a similar issue with Seas when new text was added to the log in the corner, so I chalk that up to my poor old laptop doing its best to keep up with the game.

The challenges usually take 2 or 3 seconds to show the results after success or failure, but that didn’t strike me as odd – it’s about normal for my computer.

It’s mostly working fine, but it hangs for a second or so occasionally, which I think is when it’s loading a new region in. There’s also very occasional lag, but it’s not common enough for me to say that it’s one thing or another.

[color=#6666ff]Hola, [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]We are seeing a drop in FPS when crossing segments now and then and we need to look at optimisation for sure. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]I am collecting data on performance, particularly for this issue where the transition from branches to success/failure results seen slow to the point where it looks like it’s broekn. Ludovide I’d really appreciate it if you could send your specs to skies@failbettergames.com when you have the chance please. [/color]