Penstock questions:

1. Is it possible to get the 5-card hell lodging without losing one’s soul?

2. I bought a fate-locked story for Mr. Sacks. Do I need to spend the PTPT to complete the story or can I save them for next year? If I do, will I be replaying the first part of the storylet again (with its benefits)?

1. No, you’ll have to sell your soul first, at least to get it from Penstock. You can get it the expensive way without losing your soul…
  2. yes, you need to spend some PTPT to complete the Sacks investigation. Next year you can choose to work with another faction, or with the same. But you will have to pay Fate again.

EDIT: just for the record: if you don’t have much PTPT, and want to spend it for something else, you do have the option to leave the Sacks-investigation open-ended. In this case your Fate isn’t wasted, you can take up the investigation next Christmas exactly where you left it without having to pay again.

edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 1/7/2015

Another Wickett question- I bought the 9 lacre lodging upgrade, and afterwards was at my lodgings. Was I moved there because I had bought the Lodging, or because my ToL had dropped below 3? I had hoped to raise it back up with pails without having to spend 5 actions to return again, so I’m wondering if I should be careful about that as I spend the rest of it.

I was moved to my lodgings despite having 3 ToL left, so I think it’s the former.

When you buy a new Remote Lodging or upgrade a 4-Card Lodging, you are leaving the Sundered Sea via a path you have discovered. If you listen to Penstock when you choose to go through the Wicket, he mentions that this is only the way down, but there are other ways back up. You are taking one of those ways, and leaving the Sundered Sea.

I don’t believe actions beyond Lodgings-related ones remove you, though. At least, the faction-specific investigation doesn’t.[li]
edited by The Dark Gentleman on 1/6/2015

Anyone have a clue what the coffins are for? I’ve dealt with them in Sunless Sea (or rather my “cousin” Arthur Wulf has) and I am not holding out for any Heartmetal Ingots just yet.

You can sell them for 25 Identities Uncovered. Other than that, no use that I can see so far.

There’s a rumour (read &quotwish&quot) that they’ll do something on the Broad Unterzee. Exactly what they do is uncertain. Can you get more than one at a time?
edited by Aximillio on 1/6/2015

Yes. I’m going to get my second one as soon as I have another action.

EDIT: I got 2. Debating whether or not to sell one to see if it does anything other than give the 25 Identities.
edited by Myke Harryson on 1/6/2015

[quote=Myke Harryson]Yes. I’m going to get my second one as soon as I have another action.

EDIT: I got 2. Debating whether or not to sell one to see if it does anything other than give the 25 Identities.
edited by Myke Harryson on 1/6/2015[/quote]
It might give you a sale message (which I guess could be interesting), but otherwise I don’t think it’ll do anything.

(But if you do sell it, could you tell what the message is/if there is a message?)
edited by Aximillio on 1/6/2015

Decided to sell one for &quotscience&quot. Whoever &quotbought&quot it said &quotExcellent, I’m going to need a scalpel and pliers&quot
edited by Myke Harryson on 1/6/2015

This is slightly tangential, but: if I move to a remote lodging, will I lose my Salon? Never been quite sure if the Salon/Orphanage are tied to living in the Townhouse or simply owning the key…

You won’t lose your Salon or Orphanage. You can live wherever you choose and still run either.

Somewhat related, but if I did happen to sell my soul to get the sanctum, how would I go about getting it back?

If you have access to the Flit, the best way to go about it is to use “Fun with the Fisher Kings” and join in their games. note that this is the BEST way, and it’ll take you a long time unless you’re very lucky.

The BEST way, if you’re selling your soul for the first time, is to play the Fate-locked soul-recovery. If you should sell/lose it again some other time, you can still search for it with the Fisher-kings. Or just leave it be. It’s just a soul, you know. Nothing important… ;)

The BEST way, if you’re selling your soul for the first time, is to play the Fate-locked soul-recovery. If you should sell/lose it again some other time, you can still search for it with the Fisher-kings. Or just leave it be. It’s just a soul, you know. Nothing important… ;)[/quote]

Is the fate-locked method interesting? If not, I’m not in any particular hurry.

I just did it. I thought it was fun. :) I seem to have misplaced my soul again since then, though, but at least I have this diamond to console myself with.

Interesting. Might just try it myself.

Could anyone tell me which 5-card lodging is better, please? I’m pending for the Sanctum, but I would like another opinion.