Patronage

I remember when i was new, there was an option to have a higher level player as a patron. Alas, i had nobody to play with then.

Since that time, i’ve long since become POSI, and gotten a nice little group of friends who are all relatively new to London, and would benefit from having me as a patron. I’d love to help them out in that manner,.

I don’t seem to have this storylet in my lodgings though http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Deal_with_matters_of_Patronage
How do we do the patronage thing?

As that Wiki page says you need to have a higher level of PoSI: “A Shattering Force, A Legendary Charisma, An Invisible Eminence, An Extraordinary Mind”.

In order to do that you need to have one of your Attributes raised to 200.

Edit: What genesis said.

The answers on the page you linked :)

[spoiler]

[b]Unlocked with A Person of Some Importance is A Paramount Presence, A Shattering Force, A Legendary Charisma, An Invisible Eminence, An Extraordinary Mind

[/b][/spoiler]
[b]

[/b]Get to 200 in one stat -become either a Shattering Force, a Legendary Charisma, an Invisible Eminence, or an Extraordinary Mind (Paramount Presence is still a mystery so far).

Then you can mentor other players in that statistic through the Patronage system.

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/22/2016

[quote=genesis]As that Wiki page says you need to have a higher level of PoSI: &quotA Shattering Force, A Legendary Charisma, An Invisible Eminence, An Extraordinary Mind&quot.

In order to do that you need to have one of your Attributes raised to 200.[/quote]

awww thats miles away ;-; my highest base stat is dangerous 140

After choosing a PoSI specialization, patrons can tutor their proteges in that stat. As such this requires reaching 200 in the desired stat for the patron, and to gain any benefit the protege needs under 100 in the relevant stat counting bonuses. (Hooray for Talkative rats!) You yourself may be still eligible for tutoring in some stats.

Is there a more recent thread on this topic? I would be very happy to offer my patronage in any skill.

There used to be one where people could look for a patron rather than offering patronage, but even that doesn’t seem to get much use now.