Patching Mechanism?

Is there any patching mechanics to get up from .08 edition to .20 without reupload/reinstalling the entire game? If it’s impossible, how may I save my captain’ history throughout the reinstallation?
Thanks!

[color=#009900]Any saves you made in 0.1.2 or earlier of the backers’ beta are gone, I’m afraid.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Saves from 0.1.3 onwards (the EA release version is 0.4.1) are stable, and we’re being careful to keep them that way.[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Any saves you made in 0.1.2 or earlier of the backers’ beta are gone, I’m afraid.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Saves from 0.1.3 onwards (the EA release version is 0.4.1) are stable, and we’re being careful to keep them that way.[/color][/quote]

Oh. I mean switching from 0.4.1.1308 to 0.4.1.1320.For the moment the only patch method is just redownload full package and reinstall it, yes?

Testing it on mine now, but the &quotGet New Stories&quot option on the main menu screen is intended to get you the newest updates when you use it.

When I’d first started playing with this, I’d thought that button was for a connection to the Fallen London game, or a micro-transaction shop, or something outside of the Sunless Sea game itself. If you had a similar confusion, you’re not alone.

edited to add The version number hasn’t changed on the main menu, but the patch notes have all the latest details, so I think that might just have been missed yet.
edited by BenTGaidin on 6/20/2014

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]‘Get New Stories’ downloads new story content and soft mechanical changes… We’re gradually shunting more things into the Get New Stories mechanism, but some fundamental mechanical stuff needs a full patch.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]But to patch the core game, yes, you need to download and reinstall. (We also bundle recent content changes into each core game patch.)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]The distinction is confusing, we know - we’re working on ways to make it clearer (the next version will quickly check whether there’s any story content you don’t have) and it will become less relevant to people who patch through Steam.[/color]

I have some very minor problem, regarding the version no. After the latest patch, the number shown on the lower right corner and it suppose to shown the current build you have, which is V0.4.1.1320, right? Well, after the latest patch, it still shows 1308.

It’s confusing, but, as Alexis said before, to ‘hard patch’ you should redownload the build from the HB; after the Steam release it’ll be not so serious issue.

I searched the Humble Bundle website and couldn’t find SS at all, let alone somewhere that had a patch? What am I missing here? I purchased the game from the SS blog, and the only updates I’ve seen are via "get new stories? If there is a hard patch, where do I find it?

When you purchased SS, did you receive an email with a download link? If so, that link is hosted by Humble Bundle, even though it wasn’t through their storefront, and you can link your download key to your Humble account, if any.