Patch Notes

Bumping this in case you (like me) had not realized that Hannah has been updating the patch notes in the first post of the thread.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Failbetter, for the extra Board Meetings. That let one of my characters catch up.

[color=#ff00cc]7 August 6.3.3[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Corrected an error in the Bone Market that would sometimes redirect users to a retired storylet, causing them to encounter some non-standard values for skeleton assembly.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Changed the payout of the Enthusiast in Skulls so that he no longer takes rostygold away from players whose skeleton value is too low.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Removed an erroneous requirement on the opportunity card to dredge the river at Jericho Locks, which was excluding most players from discovering it.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Added opportunities for Doctore of the Guild of Gondoliers to get a discount on traversing the canals as well as the ability to choose their destination in advance. Made some adjustments to payouts received from canal destinations.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Added a price of 1 Magisterial Lager for talking to the Archaeologist at The Arborist’s Hands.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Revised the option to throw Slowcake out on his ear, to require the player to have an Entry in Slowcake’s Exceptionals before doing it. Otherwise, it was possible to grind an overpowered option.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Made Call in Favours in the Flit into an always slet, but revised the payout for Revolutionary favours. This actually went through two changes, but has now been modified so that it scales with the player’s Renown: Revolutionaries, and awards some Suspicion, to balance the greater ease of doing this transaction.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Renown for all factions is now capped at 55.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Added an option to send the Freeloading Artist from your lab to fetch back some honey for your workers.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Corrected error where it was possible to vote the Gondolier off the Board while having only 4 Board Members.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]OUTFITS (added some missing points on 12 August)[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Hinterland Scrip is now visible on the sidebar to players who meet certain story progression quality requirements[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Contacts are once again visible in Account setting[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]

[color=#ff00cc]- It’s now possible to change outfits in the sidebar, without visiting the Possessions tab[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- It’s now possible to filter items by the qualities they enhance[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]outfits can be renamed[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Exceptional Friends get two extra outfits[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Additional outfits are available for purchase with Fate changes to outfits now need to be saved in order to persist[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- There is a little copy of the player cameo on the Possessions page[/color]
edited by SaraFBG on 8/12/2020

Thank you for all of your hard work!

I’m very sorry if this is not the place to ask, but what’s the point in this action now? I can take it once just to read what she has to say, but I won’t repeat it… because I can reliably get Rumours from the Upper River just by going by train back and forth between Ealing and Jericho at 1 Rumour / Action and without extra cost.

Holy sh*t, the artist’s honey option looks almost game-breaking. I love it. Then again, the new areas for high-level players do involve copious amounts of honey, between going into Parabola and all those Comprehensive Bribes for the railway. I hope it doesn’t get nerfed, because what it looks like is giving specifically high-level players the ability to meet the demands of the game and not have to spend so much time grinding in Veilgarden.

What exactly are you talking about?^^&quot

What exactly are you talking about?^^&quot[/quote]
Pretty sure it’s this from the patch update:

[color=rgb(255, 0, 204)]- Added an option to send the Freeloading Artist from your lab to fetch back some honey for your workers.[/color]

[color=rgb(255, 0, 204)]- Added an option to send the Freeloading Artist from your lab to fetch back some honey for your workers.[/color][/quote]

Ahh, found the option. Hmm… it seems intesting, but until now I managed to supply my honey consumption with criminaly and bohemian favours. So no need to change the staff on my lab right now.

[color=rgb(255, 0, 204)]- Added an option to send the Freeloading Artist from your lab to fetch back some honey for your workers.[/color][/quote]

Ahh, found the option. Hmm… it seems intesting, but until now I managed to supply my honey consumption with criminaly and bohemian favours. So no need to change the staff on my lab right now.[/quote]
I’m just going to point out that that option gives 2.5 EPA(!) with almost no requirements. It also means you can get the Room at the CRoyal Betlehem in 322 Action ie 4 days roughly. Its really, really, really good!

Ahh, found the option. Hmm… it seems intesting, but until now I managed to supply my honey consumption with criminaly and bohemian favours. So no need to change the staff on my lab right now.[/quote]
I’m just going to point out that that option gives 2.5 EPA(!) with almost no requirements. It also means you can get the Room at the CRoyal Betlehem in 322 Action ie 4 days roughly. Its really, really, really good![/quote]

Well, you do have to be able to create the lab (which is no small feat), plus have romanced the Starving Artist either for real or retroactively (I think it may be possible to lock yourself out of it if you choose the Artist’s Model during Past Indiscretions, but don’t quote me). So it’s not &quotno requirements&quot–it’s &quotby the time you could potentially have access to this option, you’ve almost certainly met its requirements, OR all that’s needed is a quick trip to the Shuttered Palace.&quot

Yeah, 2.5 EPA seems to be their baseline for most new actions in the lab/railway/bonemarket. So really it’s just giving you that 2.5 EPA in honey, which is fine

[color=#ff00cc]Apologies - I should have posted these on Friday! 14 August 6.3.6[/color]

[ul][li][color=#ff00cc]Fixed the Watchmaker’s Daughter story to use alternative tech for restricting outfit access, and reopened this content.[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]The Burial of the Dead and Fire Sermon dreams now have continuations. Once you have reached the end of their sequence, a new option allows you to relive them from a different perspective and explore previously-concealed options.[/color]
[/li][/ul]

[color=#ff00cc]21 August 6.3.7[/color]

[ul][li][color=#ff00cc]Added a few accessibility improvements on the front-end for keyboard navigation and screen reader users: more tabbable items now have visible focus outlines, and outfit save/rename buttons are accessible in the tab order.[/color]
[/li][/ul]

Why is it now Almost Impossible to sell your Skeleton to the Enthusiast of the Ancient World?

My Shadowy is 128 with Equipment but that only amounted to an 8% success chance, as a result my Suspicion hit 8 and then going to prison (again) kicked it all the way up to 10.

[quote=Deathjack999]Why is it now Almost Impossible to sell your Skeleton to the Enthusiast of the Ancient World?

My Shadowy is 128 with Equipment but that only amounted to an 8% success chance, as a result my Suspicion hit 8 and then going to prison (again) kicked it all the way up to 10.[/quote]

Your skeleton’s self-evident implausibility was too high. That shadowy challenge is based on it.

[color=#ff00cc]28 August 6.3.9[/color]

[ul][li][color=#ff00cc]Added a lab experiment to research sharks and other fish.[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Bazaar items now have more detailed alt text.[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]The Fire Sermon has been adjusted so that players should not get locked out of getting a sufficiently high level of Seeing in Apocyan for the related dream content.[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]A dream about a dreadful bargain will now zero out the correct dream quality, and not that of Burial of the Dead.[/color]
[/li][li][color=#ff00cc]An opportunity card to reduce your In Corporate Debt when it’s too high now appears more reliably.[/color]
[/li][/ul]

[b][color=#ff00cc]A bumper edition this week!

4 September 6.3.10[/color][/b]

• [color=#ff00cc]We have made visible some options on the Jurisdictional Dispute card that were otherwise invisible unless the player had the Very Teeth of St George [/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Players can now keep Palaeontological Discoveries after their first dig to spend them on a later occasion. [/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Peppercaps are now a Sustenance item.[/color]

7 September

• [color=#ff00cc]After the player’s first encounter with the inhabitant of the bottom of the Magistracy, repeated encounters no longer act as a shortcut to get out of diving.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]A branch to plan building across a ravine was erroneously shown as becoming available when the railway next goes forward. This branch has been hidden.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Reduced prices for digging in the Magistracy of the Evenlode on two branches in order to make costs more consistent.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Added an option at Magistracy of the Evenlode to prove your allegiance to the Prehistoricists before speaking to the Tracklayers’ secretary, if you have supported them exactly 50% of the time.[/color]

[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]11 September[/color]

• [color=#ff00cc]Reduced somewhat the amount of Casing… provided by your Morally and Physically Flexible Rubbery Cat at Helicon House, and increased the number of treats it must be given.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Removed the cap on receiving Estimable Trophies when going on hunts with Sophia’s club.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Made the return of the Honey-Mazed Bear always available in Ealing Gardens when you possess the bear, rather than requiring a wait to draw the card.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Corrected an error whereby the Dean of Xenotheology cost 0 Actions to speak to at Helicon House, in contrast with all the other characters who can appear in that location.[/color][/li][li][color=#ff00cc]Revised dividend payouts at the Great Hellbound Railway to be somewhat more generous. Further edited the board process so that Railway owners with a worker-ownership charter will encounter no objections from Labour supporters when voting for dividends, but the amount of the dividend will be slightly higher if you have a non-worker-ownership charter.[/color]

edited by SaraFBG on 9/11/2020

Thanks for the Dividend Payout buff.

[color=#ff00cc]18 September 6.3.12[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Adjusted the modeling option at Helicon House to require maximum 3 Time Remaining.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Added option for people with a Pendant to enter Helicon House slightly later in the evening than everyone else, if they wish.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Corrected an issue that made it impossible to see custom text for modeling with a companion at Helicon House (though the text did exist).[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Added a bonus for entering Helicon House with the Cultured Attaché/e, in line with the other Fate-locked companions.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Adjusted accepting a commission at Helicon House so that it is no longer repeatable in the same evening, and so that it collects all of the player’s Inspired.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Adjusted some post-Ambition options at Helicon House to give less Fascinating at a time, though a rare success is still better than one of the ordinary sort.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Capped handout of second chance items at 12 on rare successes at Helicon House.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Launched the new Unterzee map[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]- Fixed a bug with unresponsive deck refresh buttons at certain device widths[/color]