Patch Notes - Urchin - 1.3.3.d6875ff2 (06/112019)

[color=#6666ff]Build Version: 1.3.3.d6875ff2
Release Date: 06/11/2019

For bug reports and technical help, please see our Troubleshooting Guide.

Please see our announcement post for details of all updates to this build.

Updates
[/color][ul][li][color=#6666ff]Some balance adjustments have been made to lateral thrust.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]The highlighting and spacing on Storylet panels has been improved.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]Changes to your qualities are now presented more clearly.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]Storylet logging is now capped to the last few branches selected.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]The left stick on gamepads now scrolls and highlights branches (you no longer have to use the left and right stick together together).[/color][/li][/ul][color=#6666ff]

N.B. With regards to scrolling with gamepads, R3 is still used to move up to see logged branch choices and down to view long quality results. There are a few outstanding issues with R3 scrolling, in particular on non-hub bazaars. We will address these issues in a future update.

Bug fixes
[/color][ul][li][color=#6666ff]Curators will no longer pursue you endlessly across the High Wilderness. [/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]Focus can no longer be lost from the control menu when using a gamepad.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]Activating Full Steam Mode will no longer cause the Dendrified Vagabond to play a jig on his harmonica.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]You can no longer travel under terrain near Tiggelaar’s Haunt.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]Headlights will no longer pass through terrain near Prosper or New Winchester.[/color][/li][li][color=#6666ff]You will no longer collide with invisible obstacles near Braley Rock. [/color][/li][/ul]
edited by FailbetterFuzz on 11/6/2019

[quote=FailbetterFuzz][ul][li][color=#6666ff]Activating Full Steam Mode will no longer cause the Dendrified Vagabond to play a jig on his harmonica.[/color]
[color=#6666ff][quote][/color][/li][/ul]
Wut.

I don’t know if it’s just placebo and I’m simply out of my rocker, but full steam mode feels slower than before, which is an unwelcome change. It does handle better, but that’s not what people used it for. Speed boosts in both Sea and Skies were an integral part of gameplay in ensuring the sanity of your crew – and more importantly the players themselves – so they don’t commit suicide from numbness of increased travel times in already explore regions.

Don’t have anything to compare it to at the moment, so more detailed patch notes than just &quotSome balance adjustments have been made to lateral thrust.&quot would be welcome.

Probably because him doing that would be out of character considering after what transpires in that story path.

That’s one way to put it.

My game (through GOG) won’t load now. I wonder if it has to do with the patch. It will go to full screen, then show the failbetter games logo animation, but then just sticks on black screen with full mouse control.

I figured it out. I had an empty lineage folder in my character repository directory. I solved this problem by referencing your helpful Sunless Skies Troubleshooting guide on Steam. That’s an impressive document, and I appreciate it.

[color=#6666ff]Well I can’t say for sure if you’re off your rocker, I mean you may very well be a sky-mad captain for all I know. But I can tell you it wasn’t a placebo effect. We’ve just put out a patch which has fixed the tier 2, 3, and 4 engine speed boosts and Full Steam Mode too.[/color]

[color=#6666ff]Why thank you very much, it’s my baby. My baby which nearly killed me when putting it all together, but I’m very glad it’s helping people. Spread the word of its existence. [/color]

Recent Patch - Seems like it changed movement for the worse?
Seems like I am driving in space now with no atmosphere. I am sliding around all over the place and bumping into more things. Maybe I am imagining this but I do not remember driving around was this unpleasant before the patch today.

Anyone else notice this after the patch? I hope this change was a bug and not a feature. Several others noticed this on the Steam forums and we would please like the old way of piloting back please!!

[quote=Mourn]Recent Patch - Seems like it changed movement for the worse?
Seems like I am driving in space now with no atmosphere. I am sliding around all over the place and bumping into more things. Maybe I am imagining this but I do not remember driving around was this unpleasant before the patch today.

Anyone else notice this after the patch? I hope this change was a bug and not a feature. Several others noticed this on the Steam forums and we would please like the old way of piloting back please!![/quote]
I noticed this as well. It’s like driving on ice–very slick black ice when your wheels are nearly bald. If you attempt to move sideways, you’re going to keep going for a while; going straight forward in those cases means moving diagonally across the sky. Getting into St. Dominic’s Station is a complicated maneuver now. You can’t go straight right after a turn, so you have to strafe back and forth, trying to be quick enough not to hit anything and hoping you time it right so that you slide enough of your nose into the platform to dock the first time.

Not that I’m frustrated or anything.

All that said, this could be intentional. It may mean that all of our pilots have discovered that the best way to avoid star-madness is to always show up for duty roaring drunk.

What shall we do with a drunken pilot, what shall we do with a drunken pilot early in the morning…

[color=#6666ff]Afternoon folks,[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Not everything with skid suppression was re-calibrated to quite where we wanted it to be in the patch we put out last night. We’ve made some final tweaks this morning and I’ve just put another patch out now (look out for 1.3.6.3bef75f8). It’s live on Steam and I’m currently working on the GOG build right now. They will follow shortly. All movement parameters are as they were. No more Scrive-Spinster shenanigans either! All patch notes are here.[/color]