Panther

In FL (Browser game), I follow the Panther storyline and managed to unlock the Panther for SS. When I go to SS and click on ‘get new stories’ to get that panther, it says you are already updated to the latest version already or something like that.

Is there some way for me to get my Panther in SS?

Also some minor me irrelevantly complaining, Even though I only open my Opportunity card in the dock for the past weeks, I still don’t have the card that connect my FL account to SS account. I don’t care for the reward, just the story.

[quote=N156]In FL (Browser game), I follow the Panther storyline and managed to unlock the Panther for SS. When I go to SS and click on ‘get new stories’ to get that panther, it says you are already updated to the latest version already or something like that.

Is there some way for me to get my Panther in SS?

Also some minor me irrelevantly complaining, Even though I only open my Opportunity card in the dock for the past weeks, I still don’t have the card that connect my FL account to SS account. I don’t care for the reward, just the story.[/quote]

See here: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic8640-panther.aspx#post66154 only applies to new characters.
Although I don’t know if that will help - you may have tried that.

[color=#009900]BFW is correct; and I should add that Sunless Sea updates your Fallen London integration even when it doesn’t need to get new content, during the initial handshake. Just trying the update is enough.[/color]

Well, there goes my hard work.

Tried getting new content, didn’t work since I already have “the latest update”, tried a new game which naturally overwrite my old save (build with blood, sweet and tears) and finding out that there are no Panther for me.

So anyone else have a Panther? if so tell me how you actually get them, from the very first step please.

I have a panther. First, I got the panther in Fallen London. Then, I updated Sunless Sea. Then, I restarted a new game in Sunless Sea (by suiciding an old one and keeping my magician).

It seems like you only get panthers with new games, but suicide & carryover counts as &quotnew&quot (if, for example, you want to save your Satisfied Magician).[li]
edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy on 6/24/2014

You should have got an email telling you how to get a Panther. I don’t know whether you need to have got one in Fallen London before it turns up in Sunless Sea, though.

[quote=Dr. Hieronymous Alloy]I have a panther. First, I got the panther in Fallen London. Then, I updated Sunless Sea. Then, I restarted a new game in Sunless Sea (by suiciding an old one and keeping my magician).

It seems like you only get panthers with new games, but suicide & carryover counts as &quotnew&quot (if, for example, you want to save your Satisfied Magician).[li]
edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy on 6/24/2014[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]I am stump at the &quotupdated Sunless Sea&quot stage of getting my Panther since everytime I press &quotget new stories&quot it always reply with &quotyou are up to date with the latest content&quot[/li][li]
[/li][li]Any solution?
[/li]

Well, you could try deleting your Sunless Sea install and re-downloading. Maybe delete the content folder?

See Alexis’s post above - your metagame qualities are updated in Sunless Sea whenever you check for updates, whether or not it downloads a new patch.

Then how do I NOT get the Panther? I already tried updating and playing a new game and still no dangerous Panther. I already get my Panther for Fallen London and it says something about how it is also available for me in Sunless Sea.
edited by N156 on 6/24/2014

I haven’t tested SS since I got my panther - so it would be useful to know - where does it show in SS when you get it? Is it a mascot option (instead of weasel), or elsewhere? Is it from new game creation, or do you have to collect it anywhere?

It’s a mascot option, under officers. It seems to re-pop every time you start a new game, you don’t have to choose to save it as your choice of saved officer (though you can if you want to). Gives +3 Hearts and +2 Mirrors.[li]
edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy on 6/24/2014

[color=#C2B280]The best thing to do in cases like this is to email our support address: sunlesssea@failbettergames.com. It’s difficult for us to troubleshoot this stuff here on the forum because we may need to go back and forth asking about your username, operating system, settings, whether you’ve tried x, y, z…[/color]
edited by Flyte on 6/24/2014

K then, will send a report soon.

The reason why I posted this in the first place is because I was looking for a quick fix. This forum did have a history of quick solving some of the things I find too irrelevant for a legitimate bug report

[quote=Dr. Hieronymous Alloy]I have a panther. First, I got the panther in Fallen London. Then, I updated Sunless Sea. Then, I restarted a new game in Sunless Sea (by suiciding an old one and keeping my magician).

edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy on 6/24/2014[/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]Good to know that. I may finally let one of my characters retire so I can collect my kitty.
[/li]

Fix, thanks to the ever awesome and mysterious Alexis Kennedy

I should have a Panther and I can’t find it in FL at all. Where should I be looking?[li]

[li]If you did get an email and used the link inside, check your lodgings if you haven’t yet.[/li]
[li]If there’s nothing new in your lodgings, please try the link a couple more times: it occasionally takes more than one try before our systems register their use.[/li][/ol]
[/color]