Overgoat

That’s not quite true. Close, but not 100%. Some Tier 6 items (the rare reward for trading up a Tier 4 to 5) sell for 62.5E, while others sell for 60E. I do know that trading up Extraordinary Implications gives Pulsating Amber as a rare, which sells for 62.5E, but I don’t know what trading up Muscaria Brandy gives you. It may be an equal reward, or it may be a lesser, but in the absence of knowing the truth of it, I gave the safer answer.

@ladymadsci It averages a touch under 10 actions in the Flit per 25 Tales of Terror - Assuming that you’ve already primed your Casing to about 7, you’ll be using your Hoodlums twice (10 actions) then stealing once (1 action). But now and then (once every 100 actions total), you’ll have enough spare Casing cp left over that you get a free theft (90 actions casing:10 thefts. Well, actually, it’s 720 actions casing:81 thefts, but close enough).

“The Elegant Lady and the Society Dinner” option in the Fate-locked Pygmalion storyline awards you with 65 Cryptic clues per action, which amounts to 1 echo and 30 pence.

Thread necromancy time!

Currently, the best way of grinding echoes (without spending Fate, at least) is the Boxful of Intrigue storyline in the Flit. Once you’ve reached Empire’s Kingmaker 40, you’re able to choose the reward option that gives you 8 Mourning Candles. Each sells for 2.50 echoes, and it takes a total of 14 actions to get the reward, or just about 1.42 echoes per action.

As for Hesperidean Cider, don’t even bother grinding for it. Even if we assume you’re using 100 actions per day, every day, and getting 160 pence per action, you’ll be at this insanity for two and three quarter years.