Out of disk space?

When I try to edit a post in the &quotAcknowledgeable Achievements and Accouterments&quot thread, I get a message from the Server &quotout of disk space.&quot This apparently only results when I try to edit messages in that thread, as I can edit, for example, this one. Anyone else running into that problem, there or elsewhere? I understand the host is not run by FBG, how can we inform them of this glitch?

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 2/20/2016

Rrrargh!! The first time I attempt to type up a long post on this forum and it gets vaporised!

I ran into this problem in this month’s ES thread.

I have not run into this yet, but… I have a theory. If the forums are stored on multiple servers/hard drives, one may be full. The Webmaster should check out the available disk space on the servers.

I’m having the problem now, and my post was just one line long.

Caught me when I tried to post to &quotMapping Fallen London,&quot but the post went through the second time. Time to get in the habit of copying posts in progress, I guess. Failed to edit that post repeatedly though.

I have a screenshot of the error message if someone admin-y wants to see it.
edited by TheThirdPolice on 2/21/2016

Same thing happening here. Post was brief, with link. Copy available on request.

I’ve now encountered this problem five times in a row on this rather lengthy thread so have given up. Again, 3 screen shots available (yeah, I gave up there eventually, too.)

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic148-find-friends-for-sparring-dinners-chess–theft.aspx?page=46#post132388

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jermion

Same here, happens every time when I try to edit my post in “Protégés Seeking Patrons”.

Didn’t work on POSTING in ‘What brings you to the Neath’. Disk is full.[li][/li][li]
edited by Rysiek on 2/21/2016

In hope it might help to find the problem: I got the same thing trying to post in ‘The Feast of the Exceptional Rose is here!’
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/21/2016

@Charlotte: that’s interesting, because Lady Ciel just posted in that thread after your post here. Intermittent and unrepeatable problems are a pain to de-bug.

– Mal

I did get the bug when I tried to post, first time was quoting someone else’s (edited) post; the second time I just added a message using quick reply and it worked.

Ah, I see we were trying to do the same thing with the same purpose :)

So perhaps quoting/ quoting an edit is a part of the problem?

Edit: I’ll add an edit here in case anyone wants to test that theory? :)
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/21/2016

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]Ah, I see we were trying to do the same thing with the same purpose :)

So perhaps quoting/ quoting an edit is a part of the problem?

Edit: I’ll add an edit here in case anyone wants to test that theory? :)
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/21/2016[/quote]
I’ll test this.
EDIT: I edit my posts all the time.
[li]EDIT2: It seems to work fine.
edited by th8827 on 2/21/2016[/li][li]
edited by th8827 on 2/21/2016

I think it’s posting, and a thread-based, or location based, issue.

People should post links to the threads that are having this issue. Maybe having a list of problem areas would help tech support figure out the reason.

I’ve been having trouble with the feast thread- trying to post cptmorgan’s file.
The text is:

Here’s a link, since he forgot this:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cptMorgan
edited by Grenem on 2/21/2016

I tried the What brings you to the Neath thread. I got this text[li]

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.There is not enough space on the disk.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[IOException: There is not enough space on the disk. ] System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +14583904 System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +14601864 System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length) +12410949 System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +782 System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +234 System.Web.HttpRequest.EnsureForm() +110 System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +12693175 System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +146 System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +129 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +322

I just ran into it in the Feedback thread.

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

There is not enough space on the disk.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.
]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +14583904
System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +14601864
System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length) +12410949
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +782
System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +234
System.Web.HttpRequest.EnsureForm() +110
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +12693175
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +146
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +129
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +322