Other websites/Games

Apart from Echo Bazaar what are your favourite websites/online games?
Trying to find other games as good as this one to play online.

Let’s see a few browser games I like.

The Kingdom of Loathing: A very well drawn game snicker that is a million times more complex then you originally think it is. I get it to this game every couple of years are so. If you like a good laugh and some decent role-playing then this game is for you.

Die2Nite: A game where you try to survive as long as you can with forty other people in the zombie apocalypse. Everything’s pretty realistic you know expect for the weapons. Somehow water-guns can kill zombies? Anyways its a pretty deceant browser game even if they do try to shove payed member ship down your throat.
http://www.die2nite.com?ref=Cubethulhu

The Improbable Island: This is a text only game that has that specific brand of humor that I really enjoy. It’s kind of hard to get into what with its completely unconventional format. I literally spent a day wondering around the overworld before I found anything that my character could do. I still recommend it for anyone who likes a good laugh.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?

Hm…well, it’s a downloadable game, not a browser game, but I highly enjoyed The Reconstruction. It’s a freeware Eastern RPG with some tactical RPG elements, and had a very well-written story in my opinion.

[color=00ffff]http://www.darkroastedblend.com/[/color]
This is an online magazine and a good site for anyone who enjoys the esoteric. Its stock in trade is obscure retro stuff, steampunk, science fiction, weird art, amusing photos and abandoned urban areas. There’s bound to be something people find interesting here.

I’m quite fond of Billy vs SNAKEMAN if one likes anime (list Schadrach as your referral, please) or Sryth if one is more fond of typical high fantasy trappings. ForumWarz has it’s own charm as well (there’s something to be said for a game where one of the paid options is to change avatar, and they don’t necessarily mean your avatar).

I loved playing Sryth for a time, as well as forumwarz. I could never get far in improbable island and kindom of loathing. Another good web game is Sleuth.
Also (plug plug) My own web game is my most favorite web game in the world - Misfortune (at www.loadingames.com). It is story based steampunk, so some of you might like it.

I like Kingdom of Loathing too, which reminds me, I haven’t been there in ages…got stuck. Choice of the Dragon is a good short one–there’s a free app, but you can also play it online–that lets you play as a dragon and…y’know…make choices.

echo bizarro/ fallen london does remind me of alterego: the game of life. a olde dos game, one of my younger uncle introduced to me when i was in primary 2.

you should still be able to play it online with a browser or download it from a few places. the last time i played it on winXP, it could run without the help of DOSbox.

I’ve been playing on battlemaster.org for a few years. From the website: “BattleMaster is a team-oriented browser game merging strategy and roleplaying. It is set in a low-fantasy middle-ages world and players take the role of nobles and lords.”

What I love about the game is that the more you put into the game, the more you get back. The game is turn-based, at a slow pace of two turns per day. If you’re in a hurry, you can just log in during morning and evening, check your orders and battle reports, issue a travel order to your troops, and log out. If you have time to burn, you can campaign for votes in elections, scout enemy regions for intel, challenge other nobles to duels, write roleplay stories about your noble, roleplay with others, and so on.

Disclaimer: I play a fairly high-ranking noble in one of the realms, and am hoping to attract some new recruits. If you start your first noble on the island of Atamara, and choose to start in one of these duchies: Calis, Cagil, Eaglin, Nida, or Skalk, I can help you get started with the basics.

If you like Flash-based games, Playdom recently came out with another HOG/building game, Blackwood and Bell Mysteries, similar to Gardens of Time, but, heavier on the Victoriana.

[quote=Michael Omer]I loved playing Sryth for a time, as well as forumwarz. I could never get far in improbable island and kindom of loathing. Another good web game is Sleuth.
Also (plug plug) My own web game is my most favorite web game in the world - Misfortune (at www.loadingames.com). It is story based steampunk, so some of you might like it.[/quote]
YOU made misfortune? Its an amazing game. I love the characters, the random events, even my aunt!

[quote=Branden Linton]
The Improbable Island: This is a text only game that has that specific brand of humor that I really enjoy. It’s kind of hard to get into what with its completely unconventional format. I literally spent a day wondering around the overworld before I found anything that my character could do. I still recommend it for anyone who likes a good laugh.
http://www.improbableisland.com/home.php?[/quote]

Okay, I’ve tried it, and you’re right. Thanks for the pointer.

I was liking the dragon game up until I got killed for pretending to be a god. I now don’t like that game. There’s ton’s of dragon’s that pretend to be gods. Why can’t I be one?