Opportunity Cards; Keep or Discard?

[quote=Gillsing][quote=Boklasarmarkus]A presumptuous little opportunity should far more frequent but lock when you don’t have enough wine to use it.
PS: Isn’t obvious that you don’t want it when can’t use it?[/quote]I don’t think it’s possible for the game engine to check for multiple requirements and then unlock the card if any one of those requirements is fulfilled. So the game wouldn’t know which wine to check for. Or maybe they just like to show what a player could aim for, even if it’s all unavailable at that moment?[/quote]

I just know the very basics of coding and I am sure that can be done with a simple IF or IF command. I guess it would be no challenge at all for the dev´s to implement it.

[li]

Oh yes, it wouldn’t be complicated I think, and according to Cordial’s post right after mine, it’s already possible, and just not being used for that card.

[quote=Snowskeeper]An extension of the &quotIntimate with Devils&quot storyline would be great. At the moment, the fact that at a certain point they just stop trying to woo you and begin begging you for your soul feels somewhat out of character–though there might be something I’m missing.[/quote]I read someone’s (surely Fate-locked) journal entry where the ‘drunk’ Green-Eyed Devil said that devils don’t get drunk, and that every thing they do to appear human is to get close to humans to find out what would make them give up their souls. And then he asked if it was working. A penny for your soul indeed.

And this had already been shown by the Affectionate Devil, as he grins lasciviously in the mirror image in the water while on the boat trip, and when he’s complimenting the player character on their soul. Once the devils have a person’s soul, that person is empty and pointless to them. (Unless you pay Fate I guess?) So going from courting, to bargaining for the soul, to never making contact again, that’s their modus operandi. That’s just what they do.

But you can rebuke them, and according to the wiki an Intimate of Devils will drop to 8, which is back to courting the player, and from there I’m assume that you can play them however you want. Missing those early days? Do things that will drop an Intimate of Devils until they go back to the cards you liked. Want to go back to soul-selling? Do the things that they like, and an Intimate of Devils will increase.
edited by Gillsing on 3/2/2014

Ah, this was pleasant to catch up on. It was really helpful to see what people are discarding (Photographer, Vices, Conflicts), so I can in turn adjust my playstyle and discard. Up until this point, I have played nearly every card that has come into my hand, constantly. Without regard to reward, or gain, or anything. I’ve hardly played any of the story cards within Locations yet, as the hand refreshes so quickly.

This topic was simply so I could understand the reasoning and choices of other players, and better adapt my own playstyle to the norm. Thank you to everyone who replied to me, and even those who were replying to the off-topic content, as I still learned something. I’ll start discarding a few cards, and maybe prune more and more as time goes on. I hadn’t realized that some people ignore the cards entirely (essentially), in favor of Location-based storylets.

I tend to discard things I’ve seen many times and that don’t give substantial rewards, unless I particularly like the story for flavor. I also tend to avoid the predominantly criminal action cards since I’m playing Weft as scandalous-yet-technically-law-abiding.

Is it just me, or has the Commission from Anarchists (the flame card) started showing up a whole lot more often lately? It says “standard frequency” but it feels astonishingly persistent to me.

Does that stop showing up once you’re actually Plotting Against the Masters? Because I haven’t seen it in ages.

It’s possible they removed an upper Shadowy cap on the card, or some other bug with it.

[li]
I feel like I haven’t had Plotting Against for a long time, so I don’t think that’s it. Maybe it is the Shadowy cap as Theus mentioned? Or maybe it’s just me and the RNG.

[quote=Theus]It’s possible they removed an upper Shadowy cap on the card, or some other bug with it.[/quote]They probably did. I’ve lost my Plotting Against the Masters quality by mistake a long long time ago, and since my Shadowy is maxed I couldn’t regain it. But now I’ve received this card a few days ago and restored this missing quality.