OOC: Roleplay planning

An out-of-character thread where players can discuss ongoing roleplays, plan, plot, and so on.

Not here with a plan, but with a willingness to join in and be a part of any stories that people think I might fit in. Good thread idea - thanks for making it!

I like this thread. Though I’ll probably be drabbling and fine tuning Amelia’s story for a while. If anyone needs a drunk thief for their plot/roleplay than I wouldn’t mind contributing.

Really necessary lately. And the generality of it should help. If you feel you need/want/could use me in RP, I won’t mind joining.
(But I’m on semi-Hiatus, so expect slowed down answer time.)

Eli is, as to be expected, tied up with the end of his story arc with Passionario. That will conclude within the month, but after that, he’ll be free to do whatever is in the interests of him and his people.

I’m going to take a hiatus with Lamia. I had some vague idea of her trying to track down Passionario, but I think I need a cooldown after two emotionally intense, violent, major roleplays in a row.

She’ll be in the Iron Republic for two weeks.

If people still want to use the salon, Sakhi will be there. Sakhi is a tiger, and a good conversationalist.

As someone who is currently planning two separate and mutually exclusive robberies of the Brass Embassy in order to break into New Newgate and steal a name I think RP planning may be necessary.

I can’t find the salon. Is it just me?

Huh. I can’t find it, either. It was there earlier today.

I think I remember something like this happening before, with the ‘ask the character’ thread. It disappeared overnight, came back, then disappeared again when I tried to post in it. Then came back.

The forum does weird stuff sometimes.

It ended up at the very end of the subforum, somehow. Maybe someone tried to use a word that automatically gets filtered out? I think that’s at least one of the things that does it.

Proposed idea for anyone: Election party, as in a soiree for supporters to mingle and discuss the election. Or for vagabonds to sneak in and eat food while stealing secrets.

I would like to try one of these RPs.Can’t say how often ill be on, or how good i’ll be.

Well mine is more of a proposed idea for anyone to take and run with it. I think a large open ended thread with a relaxed setting could work for everyone.

I like this idea, someone should start this. It’d be a calmer thing after all the commotion earlier.

If no one else is going to make a thread for it, I can set up a thread at some point.

If you decide to track down Passionario, he was last spotted leading a small expedition into the Forgotten Quarter.

However, if you’re after intense and violent roleplay, you’ll have to bring your own. The closure he can provide is more of the low-key variety.

If you decide to track down Passionario, he was last spotted leading a small expedition into the Forgotten Quarter.

However, if you’re after intense and violent roleplay, you’ll have to bring your own. The closure he can provide is more of the low-key variety.[/quote]

That’s good, actually. I need a little break, but afterwards do you want to work something out?

As someone who is going to accompany one half of you on said burglary, I should come clean.

The Furious Prophet and I have met in secret. He and I were too nicely-opposed in character for me to resist. Also, I can’t do eternal grim revenge without a bit of light relief. So we may feud a bit across both your accounts, if you’re agreeable. If this sounds like a royal pain, and you’d rather we left each other alone, I’m sure we can patch things up.

You’re right, planning will be necessary. It would be great to use this thread as an occasional backchannel, because there’s only a certain amount of heads-up that can be achieved with brackets – when you also have to pack each message into 1400 characters.

If we actually run into each other in the Brass Embassy I would not be one bit surprised, and it might even be amusing/allow you to get away with less writing.

I suppose it wouldn’t be forward to ask roughly why the Reverend is robbing the Embassy (I presume, with a certain rat-slinging gutter prophet)? Are all four of us going to end up in prison at once?

Since my semi-hiatus allows me to perform a reconnaissance in force, my character(s) may pop up here and there. Please, don’t be distressed or scream way too loudly if you’d see them.

I like this topic!
I’m a non-native speaker trying to improve my English, and roleplaying is a great help. If you can bear slow posts and the occasional grammar mistake, I’m in. I can even act as a game-master, if you need someone moving npcs and such.
(Forum only, please, I tend of lose track of in-game messages.)

My character is a chatty fellow interested in the mysteries of the Neath. As long as there’s something neat to discover, he’ll follow you in any kind of venture, illecit or not. He also has a little studio where you can talk about your nightmares, if you don’t trust that Scholmo fellow.