"Only Exceptional Friends may enter Veilgarden"

After two error pop-ups, it seems I managed to get myself kicked out of both Veilgarden and the Docks, briefly, on two different occasions.

Not quite a bug, seeing they only happened to me twice and it was never permanent, but I wonder if I’m the only one who got this message while clicking around the map?

I like to think the Masters finally had enough of me clicking -everything- while looking for a shell that no longer exists.

That’s probably the poor overloaded servers deciding to lighten their work by preventing a couple future requests.
This symptom has been reported previously, on several occasions.

A shell?

Yeah, this happens to me all the time. Don’t worry about it. I just close and reopen the Travel tab, and it fixes itself.

What’s this about a shell, Sly? I need to know.

[quote=xKiv]That’s probably the poor overloaded servers deciding to lighten their work by preventing a couple future requests.
This symptom has been reported previously, on several occasions.[/quote]

Glad to know I’m not the only one! And yes, it does fix itself. Pity, would’ve loved to see the more radical factions react to the, quite literal, paywall. :)

A black eggshell, yep. Eventually, I figured out stabbing the map was not getting me anywhere. Eventually.

EDIT:

My disappointment knows no bounds, Shy. No bounds.
edited by Slyblue on 2/19/2017

Yeah, I’ve seen that too once. Spite was paywalled for just a brief moment!

I’m pretty sure what happens is that the server sends back some kind of error to the browser when non-Exceptional Friends try to visit the House of Chimes. The message specifying the lack of EFship is then generated entirely clientside. So when the servers are having issues, a request to travel may get an error message back, and the site is programmed to display that alert whenever there’s an error instead of traveling.

I myself had this same problem when trying to enter Spite about a week ago. Even though it went away when I closed and reopened the browser I sent a bug report with screenshot to try to be helpful. FBG confirmed it’s just a transient error and that they are aware of it.

Well, everyone loves a picked nit, so … technically, a non-exceptional “visiting” chimes will get a successful reply saying “no you cannot”, then the javascript pops with “regrettably, only exceptional friends …”.
Server-side errors will get an error, which will first trigger an error message, and then continue as if the reply was “no you cannot” … which is also displayed as “regrettably, only exceptional friend …”.

Now, this thread started with “After two error pop-ups,”, so I think we know what we can safely bet on.