On the topic of this forum & the people who use it

I think what makes it special is the endless sense of playfulness of all we who enter - we take joy in the juggling of words and realities and delight in those willing to splash with us in the puddles. So cheers to you all, and to FailBetter for making a world where Devils and Duchesses vie for our favour and we can snub them both for the rubbery men and the urchins. God bless us every one!

Well, you know what they say about matters of the bazaar.

In all seriousness, I agree with everyone here. This is a fantastic community. Adorable virtual hugs all around.

Hear, hear! I think the reason why I’m still here even though the friends who introduced me aren’t) is the great community. I’m happy to simply grind some months and enjoy the forums, and play seriously at other times. This certainly does not happen with other games.

I have often thought, but have sadly never given voice to, so much of what has already been said. These threads are filled with helpful, supportive, funny, and intelligent souls and qualities opposite those are hard to find here. Thank you everyone for building a delicious little corner of the world. And thank you, Kittenpox, for starting this thread!

I agree. I’m actually really happy that I decided to get deep enough into things to do a ton of exchanges of confidences at Hallowmas this year, as I feel like I’ve gotten to know and appreciate the great crew that live in Fallen London.

You are all wonderful people, and when it’s your turn to disappear into the lacre-pipes, I will be sad to see you go.

You just had to use the exact three words not applicable to me :/:

Just kidding but you guys are something to be thankful for, eh?

Meh…

(Kidding, of course! The most warmful forum community I have ever been to. It is really not me to check a forum each day but here I find myself doing so in the past half a year. A very positive thing in my life)

I too would like to note my gratitude for this wonderful community that’s grown up around the game, you are all lovely people who I am glad to know

I have very little to add, so I will say a pre-emptive Marry Christmas to all of you!

This thread put a big smile on my face. I feel so lucky to have discovered a game I truly enjoy, and doubly fortunate that it seems to repel the types of people I don’t enjoy at all.* I don’t use a lot of social actions in-game, and indeed I find a lonely course to be more attuned to the Neathy milieu (at least as long as I’m still exploring this world), yet I find this community to be truly indispensable in enjoying Fallen London. Be it for help, ideas, comparing notes or simply having some fun, being here feels like an integral part of the game. And if an evening of drinks in a Veilgarden salon doesn’t always feel so alive on its own, imagine it to be this place, at the end of a busy day… It just feels right, doesn’t it?

• And to imagine that I only found out about Fallen London through an ill-advised foray into TV Tropes! I normally avoid the place because it’s such a quicksand; I’d never have imagined it would lead me to an even greater reading obsession.

Look lady I know we are a big happy family here, doesn’t mean we are all going to marry a holiday and share a spouse
Hedonistic can only go so far

Look lady I know we are a big happy family here, doesn’t mean we are all going to marry a holiday and share a spouse
Hedonistic can only go so far[/quote]

You sure about the last part?

It took me over a year to make the post tbh, but while I expected a couple of people to be like &quotyeah I agree&quot the response has been amazing. Certainly far more than I expected when I posted the thing, that’s for sure!
(The fact that Alexis was the first to reply, too? Blew me away. :3 )

You sure about the last part?[/quote]
{‘News reporter’ voice-over} : &quotWe now cross over to Nigel Overstreet, for an expert opinion on the matter…&quot
:-p
edited by Kittenpox on 12/15/2015

Pretty sure, yes. About 20% of us are such prudes. to be fair, i am one such… individual. Beides, wouldn’t it be amagamy at best? There’s such a vast gap in the chain between us.

When I talked about the Thread of Eternal Love, I have to say I had something a little more… platonic, in mind.

Tsk, kids these days.

* goes back to his Rubbery brothel *
edited by Lemexis on 12/15/2015

Pretty sure, yes. About 20% of us are such prudes. to be fair, i am one such… individual. Beides, wouldn’t it be amagamy at best? There’s such a vast gap in the chain between us.[/quote]

And about 10%(?) agreed to marry flint part 2 instead, so that knocks down the marriage numbers a bit more. Though I suppose it doesn’t really matter with Hedonistic.
edited by suinicide on 12/15/2015

Marry, I’ faith, I’d rather marry than burn.

– Mal

The community here is just amazing. Fallen London has by far the friendliest players and best-spelled forum posts I have ever encountered in my time on the Internet. I don’t post very much, but I never would have eased into the social aspects of the game without the cheery atmosphere here. Three cheers for Failbetter!

Also, as a former Constable, myrese would like to remind you all that, under the laws of the British Empire, it is not possible to marry a holiday.Plus, you would only be able to see your spouse once a year, and that kind of relationship is hard to keep alive (trust her, she knows).

[quote=myrese]The community here is just amazing. Fallen London has by far the friendliest players and best-spelled forum posts I have ever encountered in my time on the Internet. I don’t post very much, but I never would have eased into the social aspects of the game without the cheery atmosphere here. Three cheers for Failbetter!

Also, as a former Constable, myrese would like to remind you all that, under the laws of the British Empire, it is not possible to marry a holiday.Plus, you would only be able to see your spouse once a year, and that kind of relationship is hard to keep alive (trust her, she knows).[/quote]

I would care about &quotThe law&quot if I didn’t go to prison like at least 15 times in this game, decided to hate &quotThe law&quot after it started taking my notability, so I don’t think that I will follow &quotThe law&quot :).