On regaining one's sold soul

Actually, the Fate cost increases each time you pay Fate to retrieve your soul.

Getting your soul back this way raises a quality called &quotKnown For Metaphysical Caprice&quot (you don’t get this quality by finding your soul in a bundle of oddities!). I can’t find a reference to the exact formula of the Fate cost increase, but on the wiki, someone has noted that the third attempt to regain a soul with Fate cost 50 Fate instead of the original 15.

edited by dov on 1/8/2017[/quote]

Is that quality only used to increase the fate cost of buying your soul back? Or does it ever become relevant in stories?

[quote=Harlocke][quote=dov]Getting your soul back this way raises a quality called &quotKnown For Metaphysical Caprice&quot (you don’t get this quality by finding your soul in a bundle of oddities!). I can’t find a reference to the exact formula of the Fate cost increase, but on the wiki, someone has noted that the third attempt to regain a soul with Fate cost 50 Fate instead of the original 15.
[/quote]

Is that quality only used to increase the fate cost of buying your soul back? Or does it ever become relevant in stories?[/quote]
As far as I know, this quality isn’t used anywhere else today (of course it might be in the future - though it only increases when using Fate for retrieving a soul, so this doesn’t really track the number of times you sold your soul overall).

Haha, just after posting the above comment, I opened up a bundle of oddities and got my soul back for free!

So funny how these things work. Now to sell it again!

Congratulations, Myrto! Which card did you draw to get it?

A Surprise Package can contain your soul, correct? So if you wanted to sell your soul, but have a good shot of getting it back right after, you could stockpile presents from an unsigned message, and wait until selling your soul to open them all.

Considering that the chances of getting your soul back are 1/1000, you’ll need to open a lot of them. I’ve been exchanging surprise packages with Myrto and ICountFrom0 for months and haven’t seen my soul in any of those yet. I ended up getting it back multiple times from the one’s public card instead.

And mine never did show up, I paid fate instead.

Just as you say, navchaa, I got it from the One’s Public card. Haven’t yet seen on from surprise packages.

I clicked one’s public today, saw some new text I’d never seen before, and thought “oh sweet!”. Then I hovered over the icon and it said “Opening a Bundle of Oddities 100”.

:|

Getting your soul back from a package is as rare as getting a blemmigan, so save some tears and don’t open packages to get your soul back(because you will probably cry alot if you get your cheap soul over a cool blemmigan).

Actually, the Fate cost increases each time you pay Fate to retrieve your soul.

Getting your soul back this way raises a quality called &quotKnown For Metaphysical Caprice&quot (you don’t get this quality by finding your soul in a bundle of oddities!). I can’t find a reference to the exact formula of the Fate cost increase, but on the wiki, someone has noted that the third attempt to regain a soul with Fate cost 50 Fate instead of the original 15.

edited by dov on 1/8/2017[/quote]
My &quotKnown For Metaphysical Caprice&quot is at 6 after multiple transactions (fueled more by a desire to increase said quality than anything); the Fate fee appears to have plateaued at 50 for the last couple of iterations. Perhaps that’s the cap.

So is the starvling cat. The 200 result is shown as distinct anyways, and any number from 1 to 1000 is exactly as likely as the other. Don’t fall prey to whatever the fallacy is that claims luck is transferable. It’s a long shot, but no more than a blemmigan, and it’s better than the other 200 result.
edited by Grenem on 1/17/2017

[quote=Kaijyuu]I clicked one’s public today, saw some new text I’d never seen before, and thought &quotoh sweet!&quot. Then I hovered over the icon and it said &quotOpening a Bundle of Oddities 100&quot.

:|[/quote]

Yeah, the option used to be at 100 exactly. Iirc when the soul-giving option was moved to 200, the non-soulless option at 100 stayed the same and a duplicate version was added at 200.

Maybe this is a silly question, but what happens if you get a 200 result but your soul is firmly in your possession?
Someone said above that they think you only get the Devilbone Die. I gather no one here has been able to confirm that? If I ever manage it, I’ll re-post here.
edited by cathyr19355 on 1/17/2017

[quote=Catherine Raymond]Maybe this is a silly question, but what happens if you get a 200 result but your soul is firmly in your possession?
Someone said above that they think you only get the Devilbone Die. I gather no one here has been able to confirm that? If I ever manage it, I’ll re-post here.
edited by cathyr19355 on 1/17/2017[/quote]

Unless the option has a special requirement that locks if you don’t have the contract it would just give you the die, though I never lost my soul(and never will) and I never got that option from the bundle even though I’ve been on the zee and I have been opening packages like mad for a long time so I guess it’s possible you can’t get that even if you roll a 200?(I never heard anyone say they got it while they had a soul).
edited by The Master on 1/17/2017
edited by The Master on 1/17/2017

I’ve had it happen on one of my alts (albeit some time ago). You just get the “Something Eclectic” bundle instead if you have your soul and you roll a 200.