Oh s***, Houston we have a problem...

To be fair, the Memento Mori is hardly a weapon to which the diminutive “just” can hardly be applied.

I claim this thread as MY thread because.

Haha are we bragging about killing Mt Nomad with hardly anything? Because I think I can top that:

:D
edited by NiteBrite on 2/7/2015

Had it with a corvette once, but there was a massive engine on it and wasn’t being that militant, but I’ll tell you what NiteBrite, you post the footage of you beasting Nomad with the Dinner Table and I’ll stand you dinner at the Officers Mess.

Footage is currently up on my twitch past broadcasts here: Twitch I head off to fight nomad at about 1:20:00 in that video and the fight is over by 1:53:00. I’ll look into seeing if I can chop the videos of my stream up into smaller chunks and upload to youtube, but that might take a while. I was playing this live for an audience for 4 hours on Twitch :)

scrolling down in the keybindings menu isn’t possible if the “Gazetteer” is in the background. seems to be some weird focusing or z-axis issue.

Officers Mess it is

Ok, so - has anyone found Nomad on a new game? Because all through yesterday’s launch and today I’ve been starting up new captain after captain, trying to find either Nomad or the tree of ages in Gossamer Way or Chapel of Lights/Aestival, and I’m on the verge of gnawing on my own arm or actually messing with the game files just so that it could spawn.
(Though getting Nomad on the Steam Launch should be like, a metaquality that gets you two statues in London, one in the middle of the square of lofty words)[li]
edited by fortluna on 2/7/2015

I’ve never seen any of the boss enemies since launch. I haven’t actively looked for Mt. Nomad though, and are the Tree of Ages and the Eater of Names even in the game yet?

Mt. Nomad just freaking ambushed me west of the Chapel of Lights, had to limp home with three crew and 14 hull. (Starting steamer; I’ve never tried to fight the thing.)

When did you start that game?[li]
I’ve seen the eater of names, but only when I needed to run away from it.

So it exists? I’ve started my run yesterday about ten minutes after launch.
Edit: I assume it shows up[color=#c2c2c2] near the Chelonate?[/color]
edited by Curious Foreigner on 2/7/2015

Has anyone else noticed some issues with the sound in the latest release? Sometimes when I dock my engine noise does not cease and I’ve lost my horn completely.

I know that several sounds were updated, so maybe it’s an issue with your files being improperly updated?

probably. Everyone on the humble bundle release got version 1951 instead of 1957 that Steam got. Hopefully that gets fixed soon

Yup. The game just isn’t the same without the horn. Restarting the game fixes it for a short while.

I actually noticed that my engine sound became much, much quieter at zee, only returning to former volume occasionally when docked. I miss my engine sound!

Eventually I went and messed with the unity files just so I could find the tree of ages, so that isn’t in the game yet officially, but I’ve found the Eater-of-Names by the Chelonate without doing anything.

This also means I’ve finally gotten the last ending of father’s bones that I hadn’t seen yet (the urchin-captain not burying the bones option) and wow that was awesome. So now I’ve completed each of the ambitions, and I just want to say thank you to failbetter, for this magnificent experience - even if my thirty eight save files means I’ve basically tormented as many kittens. All the wonders of the Neath have let me sincerely enjoy 133 hours of play, even without the game mechanisms provoking excessive agony of the spirit.

I’ve headed straight out on my new invictus captain (now that I remember that tricky autosave mechanism) to rediscover every delicious bit of story that Sunless Sea has. Here’s to a captain who’ll spend another decade at zee!
[li]

I don’t know if it’s my savegame that’s messed up (it was from something after steel), but i just see blue prophet once and no other “new” creature/ship. Just flukes (savage or not), Mt. Nomad and Lifebergs. Lots of Lifebergs. Everywhere, also north of Kingeater’s castle :S

It was stated that the Eater of Names is a rare spawn. I haven’t seen the Prophets myself either.