Officer Interactions

Hi,

New to game and have not pursued it really that far in. But is it possible to pursue officer relationships to get a scion instead of looking for someone in London? If not, it would be a cool thing to add to the expansion.

Cheers

I have this question as well. I had a relationship with the Sly Navigator, but nothing even came of it. I don’t think I even had trysts after the initial event. Really strange.

I do appreciate the tension between &quotlove at home&quot and &quotfling at sea,&quot especially as you sometimes have to resort to the latter as your only Terror reduction. But I certainly feel more attached to my officers than to someone back home who does nothing most of the time, so an update to officer romance would be appealing.

Hm… should I be careful what I wish for? How many romances end happily on the sunless sea?

[quote=TheThirdPolice]I do appreciate the tension between &quotlove at home&quot and &quotfling at sea,&quot especially as you sometimes have to resort to the latter as your only Terror reduction. But I certainly feel more attached to my officers than to someone back home who does nothing most of the time, so an update to officer romance would be appealing.

Hm… should I be careful what I wish for? How many romances end happily on the sunless sea?[/quote]

On the other hand I would like to see an update to the London romance. Something that would give my partner more of a character so I could look forward to the visits. The current faceless ‘scion factory’ isn’t very interesting. :)
edited by Remedan on 1/30/2016

[quote=Remedan][quote=TheThirdPolice]I do appreciate the tension between &quotlove at home&quot and &quotfling at sea,&quot especially as you sometimes have to resort to the latter as your only Terror reduction. But I certainly feel more attached to my officers than to someone back home who does nothing most of the time, so an update to officer romance would be appealing.

Hm… should I be careful what I wish for? How many romances end happily on the sunless sea?[/quote]

On the other hand I would like to see an update to the London romance. Something that would give my partner more of a character so I could look forward to the visits. The current faceless ‘scion factory’ isn’t very interesting. :)
edited by Remedan on 1/30/2016[/quote]

That being said, there is a certain quest which will…involve your sweetheart at London. Following which you’ll have to make a choice. It’s quite interesting.

Yeah, I enjoyed that q—

[i]Gives self over to weeping.

You have Salt’s Attention.
[/i]

Yeah, I enjoyed that q—

[i]Gives self over to weeping.

You have Salt’s Attention.
[/i][/quote]
I literally can’t finish that current captain’s quest because both outcomes are important to that captain. One day, they will choose and damn them all to Hell!
edited by the truthseeker on 1/31/2016[/quote]

How are both outcomes important to your captain? I can’t see the quest-giver being too important.

[quote=Remedan]
edited by Remedan on 1/30/2016[/quote]

I assumed it was left intentionally vague, so the player could imagine the relationship however they wanted. Something to make your london family more than just a source of scions and restful nights would be nice though.

What I would really like to see though is more interaction between officers. One time, and only one time, I got a random event at sea where two officers had an interaction with each other. It was hilarious and incredible, and it made me wish your officers acknowledged each other’s presence more often.

For example, there could be quests involving two or more officers, perhaps working together on a shared objective, or as rivals and you’d have to pick who to side with. It would be interesting to find out what your officers want, beyond just the lifelong ambition that makes up their current quest.